No Battleplan : 05/11/17

You believe what YOU want, and i’ll believe what I want. I believe that the devs are intelligent enough to seperate the generic “everything is great!” posts from the “this needs to be fixed” ones. Look at how fast their response times have been to glitches and exploits such as the recent Rogue gear cooldown one, and the one that allowed Phoebe’s shield to be damn near invincible. Does that seem like the actions of a company that isn’t listening to the issues? Not to me; to me it looks like they hear all, bit pick and choose what to address. I can guarantee you that @EdenSophia’s data on Mellka’s venom wasn’t ignored, because devs commented on it, yet it didn’t change despite the overwhelming majority of people in the forums agreeing that it was so! Do you think the devs aren’t aware of the countless topics regarding Boldur and Galilea’s gullsh*t? OF COURSE THEY ARE!! They are CHOOSING to leave it that way until THEY are happy with whatever changes they may, or may not, be working on! It’s the same with Meltdown Finale! So many of us came together and “demanded” the old Meltdown; did it happen?

That is YOUR opinion, and one which i do not share. My opinion is that OUR sense of urgency is not THEIR sense of urgency, and so i’ve given up wasting my breath; feel free to waste yours, but don’t tell me that i’m feeding the issue by not doing the same!

That’s an interesting choice of word: “allowed”. What are YOU going to do to “make” Gearbox implement the changes we want? What can ANY of us do? I’m sick of hearing people saying that we “can’t afford to allow things to continue”, without offering any solution, that’s all. Shall we stop playing, in protest? Picket the corporate headquarters? What? I’m all ears…

7 Likes

@j_kay_13

sighs

Im not gonna lie and say that having at least half the matches in any given sessions as of late turn into my team getting brutally stomped to one degree or another NO MATTER WHO I AM TEAMED UP WITH (and everyone i play with us VERY good, if not EXTREMELY good) isn’t getting just a WEE bit old!

Definitely a contributing factor.

The amount of good, kind, helpful, honourable, knowledgeable, skilled, FUN, good-attitude-having players who have been straight up DRIVEN AWAY by the Cancer teams and players (you all know who you are) makes me very sad indeed.

4 Likes

and how has that worked out? This is exactly the point I’m trying to make. Gearbox’s failure to address issues in a timely manner has pushed people away and they aren’t learning from those mistakes. If it takes them a year to fix things that actively makes the game less fun, they can’t be surprised when the game’s population descends the way it has.

Which again is exactly my point. I’m trying to get them to understand the urgency of the playerbase. The fact that they’ve sat back and allowed issues to persist as long as they have shows me they don’t grasp the damage they’re doing. I’m not saying you have to vocally raise the same concerns I am or any concerns at all, but at the same time I don’t appreciate having my concerns drowned out by a conversation about tea. I hate seeing genuine attempts at discourse derailed by completely off topic nonsense, which happens really frequently on this forum.

Individually there isn’t much anyone can do which is why I’m trying to rally people. In my opinion at an absolute minimum we should not stop voicing our concerns until there’s evidence we’ve been heard.

7 Likes

@j_kay_13

As much as I agree with pushing to be heard, it is (sadly) to the point where long term, loyal, helpful users will get banned or multiple warnings and probably leave before word 1 is heard from Gearbox.

5 Likes

Hate to say it, but you’re right, conversations tend to get derailed and NOT just thanks to @HandsomeCam. Partly it’s simply flow of conversation

We start at talking at a, and b is mentioned, which leads to talking about b, which leads to c being mentioned and then talking about c…

But, @FlamesForAll for “how far to push?” The issue isn’t necessarily being pushy, it’s if the game is to survive they have to attack the problem aggressively. Think back on the pattern of player numbers. If you want a polarized view use steam charts.
The game attracts new players around update time then they leave,
For a while it’s been less about growth than about stopping the bleeding Playerbase

6 Likes

You are missing MY point completely…

This is based on the premise that they BELIEVE themselves to have made mistakes; i’m not so sure that they do…

MY point is that i don’t believe it to be ignorance, but PRIDE; you don’t fix what you don’t believe to be broken…

Understandable; i personally don’t appreciate being more or less told to either continually voice complaints, or stay out of the way…

We couldn’t get things done when there was 5X the number of people voicing the issues, myself included; what can we do now? I won’t tell you to give up hope of implementing change, i haven’t given up hope of that myself; i just refuse to make my every post on these forums a complaint… That’s not who i am…

6 Likes

And that is where gearbox will make an even worse name, the same loyalty turned to a negative outlook can be a powerful thing

5 Likes

Regarding EVOLVE - it is still downloadable / playable, correct?

Just no longer receiving any support from Turtle Rock or whatever the developer is called, right?

Is it worth getting into?

We’re actually on the same page here. This is exactly my concern. I don’t think they understand what they’re doing wrong and it’s my sincere hope that more conversations like this very one we’re having will help open their eyes.

[quote=“HandsomeCam, post:438, topic:1560915”]
Understandable; i personally don’t appreciate being more or less told to either continually voice complaints, or stay out of the way…

We couldn’t get things done when there was 5X the number of people voicing the issues, myself included; what can we do now? I don’t tell you to give up hope of implementing change, i haven’t given up hope of that myself; i just refuse to make my every post on these forums a complaint… That’s not who i am…[/quote]

That’s totally fine and reasonable! All I’m saying is topics with genuine discussions about the game shouldn’t be derailed by off topic conversations. I have no issue with you just to be clear, but immediately after a mod makes a post about enforcing a rule about off topic posts, we get like 30 straight posts about tea. I’m not asking you to change who you are or the content of your posts, I actually find a lot of your posts pretty funny, but I just don’t understand why topics are allowed to be completely derailed like that.

6 Likes

A few things contributed to my answer
1: little reading on reddit
2: the similar population arc to battleborn
3: the asymmetrical game structure

The frustrations in the average battleborn match will be magnified in evolve if there is still a playerbase. The people who are still playing will likely be old hands, but instead of even teams it’ll be 4V1

I’d argue against getting it which sucks because it is so unique

4 Likes

Not worth it IMO. Try a few matches and see what the game is like, sure, but I would not recommend investing in it unless you can get 5 people to play it with you (which would be very difficult). When played with 3 other close friends as a team of 4 hunters against a monster, you will have a ton of fun, I guarantee it. Fun that could easily rival a pre made Battleborn team. That’s why I loved Evolve so much. The thrill of the hunt when you are with a team you KNOW you can rely on. That was one of the main issues of Evolve, public queue teamwork, it hardly existed. Without teamwork, a public hunter team is likely to fail.

3 Likes

@loving-hatred @aforesttroll

Thanks, guys.

4 Likes

No. We. Are. NOT. Here’s why:

You keep saying that you don’t believe Gearbox understands that they are driving away their playerbase, and want to help them understand. Okay. ABSOLUTELY nothing wrong with that.

I’M saying that i think Gearbox knows EXACTLY what the deal is, that their stubbornness led to slow-paced changes, and that it’s now too late for those changes to matter, so now they are being silent. WHY do i believe that they are being silent? Because i believe that 2K gave them some bad news, and they don’t want to face the remaining playerbase with it just yet. I hope that’s not the case, and that it’s some other, curable reason; but that’s not what i believe.

Oh, don’t worry, i’m done after this closing argument, because you are right; i have other threads i can make my jokes in. However, i strongly believe that the occasional off-topic conversation and joke is what keeps people from losing it and subsequently getting banned; i think the mods know this too, and so allow it in small doses. Laughter relieves stress and eases tension, and that is a fact; it’s why school teachers who know when and where to crack a joke typically have the more successful class, as opposed to the teachers who just drone on and stare at the blackboard. Others and myself overdo it sometimes, i freely admit that; but maybe it’s because you and the others who continue to voice their grievances are not the only ones who see what’s happening to our beloved Battleborn, and some of us choose to laugh instead of cry (figuratively; no one who is still here at the brink is a whiner in ANY sense)…

5 Likes

Overdo not overdue, it’s an overindulgence not a library book

but very good point

4 Likes

Brandishes library book, then slowly lowers it.

Yes, sir…

2 Likes

So… battleplan this week or next?

6 Likes

Nobody knows… Could be that Gearbox viewed this thread as this week’s peudo-battleplan, and will try again in two weeks, to keep up with the bi-weekly arrangement. Perhaps they’ll give us one this coming Thursday as a way of making up for the missed one LAST Thursday, and go bi-weekly from there…

For now, we are all forced to use our:

6 Likes

We’ll get one SOON!™

Honestly, seems schedules are now out the window. We’ll get one when they feel they should release one. They can go on for weeks on “hiatus” since now that option seems to be on the table for some reason. I don’t expect anything at all any more.

We’ll be lucky for the update, that they’re working so hard on, to be released within the next month or two. Seeing as how we’ll probably won’t get any Battleplan until they’re ready to announce it, I wouldn’t be surprised to go another 2-3 weeks, or longer, without anything at all.

3 Likes

5 Likes

Burn for make insult.