No Borderlands 2: Commander Lilith & the Fight for Sanctuary for Xbox 360?

I know I am but a lowly Xbox 360 owner, but why am I left out of this DLC? I own every Borderlands game for Xbox 360 and believed would be part of this. Why oh why???

1 Like

According to this page:

the DLC is only available digitally for PC, PS4, and XB1 (see the “Platform” menu).

If I had to guess why no PS3 or 360, it would be physical memory limitations. When The Head Hunter packs came out, it was mentioned that the developers had to work really hard to fit them in to the memory footprint of those consoles.

1 Like

Yeah that was a huge bummer. So before I go drop the extra money on the Handsome Collection, is that the requirement to get the DLC for people who own BL2 for xBox 360?

I’m checking with the community manager on this. I’ll let you know as soon as I get a reply. Staff are still in full-on E3 mode right now, so it may take a bit to get a reply.

1 Like

And I want to clarify…I own the 360 game but it is installed on my xBox One. I was able to download the DLC from the MS Store on my xBox One but I can’t see it available in game or when I check the game add-ons on the xBox One console.

I’ve got the same problem, have just bought The Handsome Collection to enable me to use it (I hope), it’s on special at the moment in the NZ Xbox One store. Hoping it’ll let me keep my existing characters but I guess I’ll find out.

If you have the backwards compatible version and the Handsome Collection, you should be able to do the upload/download between the two versions to transfer your saves one at a time (remember to “Save as New” on the download!) This leaves your 360 saves intact, and reproduces them as XB1 saves.

1 Like

Thanks for that, have just done that, took a little menu wandering but I got there. Now have both my and my husband’s characters on the new game ready to go.

I apologize if this has been answered. But is there a definitive answer on if the new DLC is available for people who installed their XBOX360 copy onto their Xbox One and are using it via backwards compatibility? If so, could someone possibly post instructions? Thank you in advance from a newbie!

Paging @Noelle_GBX - can you check on this please? Appreciated!

Many thanks for the directional assist! I will trepidatiously await @Noelle_GBX 's reply!

Interesting. I’m still playing on PS3 so I guess that means I will have to continue to sit this one out. Bummer, I really was looking forward to that new level cap. My Gaige Builds would have loved it. Lol. Although I still confidently feel like I’m one of the only if not very, very few other people who even bother to play a Gaige to any length. The memory concern is especially interesting for the PS3 version, though. Is it an issue of the actual processing capability or the hard drive space? Because I can almost guarantee it isn’t a hard drive space issue. You can load up to a 1TB internal hard drive into a PS3, maybe larger, but I can only speak for the 1TB drive.

It’s a RAM issue, not a drive space issue. The game has to run with in some % of the system memory, and it has to be able to handle a bunch of data and information. Some of that can be swapped in/out from virtual memory on disk, but that slows the game down.

Understood. Thanks for breaking that down for me, this information really cleared things up. Although I am still sad about this I’m still going to try to theorycraft some builds and maybe even go back to some old challenge threads and see if they hold up with this new addition to the game, especially these extra skill points. I can’t be too upset either. Lol. There’s no possible way Gearbox could have known that people would STILL be playing this game this far from it’s original release date. I mean it spans 2 generations at this point. Thanks again.

But why wouldn’t this work for someone who installed Borderlands 2 onto their xbox one from their xbox 360 disk? It’s running on the xbox one so why is memory still a restriction?

Of course fans are going to have these old copies. Why would I drop another 60-70$ on a game I already have just so I can have a copy on a next gen console? This is super disappointing, I feel like I’m being extorted into buying the handsome collection.

Good morning @VaultHunter101 !

I’ve noticed a few more posts on this thread, but not a definitive answer just yet. Did I miss something or are we still in a holding pattern on an answer from @Noelle_GBX ? You had mentioned a RAM issue in a reply, so I wasn’t sure if you had obtained an answer yet or not.

Either way I appreciate the work on your part, answer or no answer. If you have any, even speculation at this point, I would love to hear it, as my Gaige is desirous of that level increase! She has been maxed out for a while now like @KhrashingPhantom 's character.

Many thanks!!!

I haven’t heard anything else, and I should add that the mention of the memory issue above is part recollection from the HH packs, part speculation. There’s also the fact that MS aren’t officially supporting the 360 any more (as I found out when I tried to contact them about a different issue.) I have no idea why the b/c version couldn’t updated to access the new DLC, unless it’s still effectively limited by the same RAM constraints as the physical version - I would guess MS built some expectations into the Virtual 360 code based off the original hardware.

Hey i play borderlands 2 on x box 360 and i was wondering why the fight for sanctuary dlc isnt on my dlc list?? Super bummed out because of this… Please help

Moved you to a relevant thread - see the posts above. It looks like the new DLC requires the Handsome Collection version of the game on console.

Thank you for the reply, though it is supremely disappointing. I guess I get to buy another copy of a game I already own.

1 Like