No loyalty rewards for cross-family?

I know this topic has likely been brought up already, but for some reason I swore I had read that the Loyalty Rewards for those who played BL2 on last-gen systems would be available for SHiFT members on the PS4/XB1, regardless of which console family you played on. Shouldn’t this be possible with just checking which games a SHiFT member had played, without looking up exact details like progress/level/etc.?

I mean, I really have no interest in transferring a save file over from the 360 to the PS4. I’m well aware that this is impossible. I’m fine starting over from scratch, since my wife is playing the series for the first time and I’m going through it with her in co-op.

It honestly just sucks that I have to miss out on 100 gold keys and a plethora of badass rank simply because I decided to buy a PS4 over an XBox One. I’m sorry if this post comes off as sounding upset, but I’m just a bit disappointed when the update finally went live and the gold keys/badass rank/customizations I had been waiting for aren’t there.

Edit: I went and looked up where I had read it and thought it meant cross-family:

http://www.gearboxsoftware.com/community/articles/1338/cross-save-in-borderlands-the-handsome-collection

Your Golden Key balance will also not transfer. However, as a reward for
playing Borderlands 2 and/or Borderlands: The Pre-Sequel, all players
> will receive the following bonuses upon signing into SHiFT in The
> Handsome Collection for the first time:

That was the part that I guess I misread to mean that it would be made available based on our SHiFT accounts instead of our cross-saves. Is it at all possible to make it based on SHiFT instead?

1 Like

I completely agree, I did the same thing and am very upset. This was not made clear in any way. They were very specific about cross-save functionality, which makes this even more confusing. Why weren’t they specific about the loyalty rewards? I’m very upset and I seriously hope they can fix this soon. We bought the same ■■■■■■■ games twice from them, and they can’t even offer a real loyalty reward?

As I understand it, the loyalty rewards are indeed given through signing into SHiFT and are for everyone who bought The Handsome Collection and has a SHiFT account they used on their previous gen console of choice, not just the players who transfered the saves. As a matter of fact, you’ll find posts around here from people who received the loyalty rewards without transfering the saves and were left wondering where they came from. Still, I’m not completely sure about it. You’re right that they didn’t make it clear enough in the official announcement and I haven’t seen anyone from Gearbox come out to either confirm or deny it officially, unless I missed it.

Well, they’ve updated the official announcement with more info on the subject. Apparently, I was wrong and players who switched console families are all screwed:

“Note: Loyalty rewards in Borderlands: The Handsome Collection can only be unlocked within the same console family on which you originally played Borderlands 2 or Borderlands: The Pre-Sequel. To clarify, in order to earn the rewards on PlayStation 4, you need to have played on PlayStation 3 or PlayStation Vita. To earn the rewards on Xbox One, you need to have played on the Xbox 360.”

Source: http://www.gearboxsoftware.com/community/articles/1348/borderlands-the-handsome-collection-loyalty-rewards-legendary-bonus