Nostalgia thread, where us old people talk about things that were before you were born

Ok this is where @Psychichazard
and
@Artemis_Cai

talk about old stuff

1 Like

@Artemis_Cai

did you have one of these

Absolutely! I used to “bake” toast for my dad in it! Among other things.

This thread is AWESOME!

Anyone remember them dinosaurs?
I remember ween you had to hide in a cave 70% of the day or ween you had the elders in your group lure a dinosaur away from its prey so we other could steal it ween food was harsh.
The good old times.

What about

4 Likes

How could I forget?

1 Like

“Not the Momma!”
I loved that show!

1 Like

My wife and I were just discussing how aggravated our three year old gets when Netflix slows down and comparing that to our childhood where WE were the remote control, getting up from the couch and walking to the 17 inch black and white Zenith and turning the topmost of the two knobs from channel two all the way over to channel 11 then giving the rabbit ears a nudge. But not too much nudge or the aluminum foil would fall off and it would take several minutes to get reception back

4 Likes

Did anyone else watch this as a kid?

http://stream1.gifsoup.com/view6/2426449/thunderbirds-are-go-o.gif

I was born in 96 and i sure as hell did, quality TV right here.

1 Like

Ah good times, good times.
Remember when you had to be careful not to pause a VHS tape too long or it could damage your tape?

1 Like

http://20771u4biuu92ycq56s35ln19op.wpengine.netdna-cdn.com/wp-content/uploads/sites/5/2014/06/tumblr_mdk8j4azrb1qg6rkio1_500.gif

Ah, my first crush…

2 Likes

When I was a kid there were three channels and they all went off the air by midnight and showed either snow or the color test for about 6 hours. Nothing on air was going to hold the attention of anyone under 16. The only time we cared was Saturday morning.

Thunderbirds is pretty much the first telly I remember.

Our first VCR was the size of a microwave and probably cost 4 to five hundred dollars. It had a wired remote control.

1 Like

4 Likes

I think your age must be getting to you @SuitableTrain8. Because you didnt put this in any category. You posted it on the main general discussion page leaving it technically uncategorized. Which oddly enough I thought this was fixed during mod testing of this site a while ago…
Anyway, moved to off topic, ya old timer :wink:

1 Like

Ugh old people

3 Likes

I literally just found an old trail that my mom used to take my sister and I on when we were like four and five years old through the forest to town, where we would check out the local library and buy yarn that she would knit stuff with.

Also, I just mapped the walk I used to make to the bus stop in elementary school: a full mile with a 500’ change in elevation. While it wasn’t uphill both ways, snow did fall in measurements of feet during the winter.

1 Like