Observation of Timing Events in Final Mission of HW 1

Hello there! Fist off, I would like to say that I have been so impressed with the effort that has gone into making this wonderful Homeworld experience, and I want to thank the team for all the hard work that they have continued to put into this game. I look forward to the roll-out of the patches, as well as the movement of multiplayer out of beta!

Please correct me if this has already been mentioned, or if this is the wrong thread for this topic, but when I was playing the final mission in HW1, I noticed that there seems to be long gaps in between the time when the different enemy fleets come out of hyperspace to attack you. Perhaps this was intentional, or maybe it is a bug, I cannot say. Because of these long gaps (and distances to where the enemy fleet appears), there is far less pressure to hold off the relentless assault against you on the final mission (I remember the timing being shorter in the original game, though admittedly it has been a long time since I have played it!).

I would love to know if this is something that might be looked at in the future, as my humble suggestion would be to tighten up those pauses in-between the combat. Thanks so much for listening, and again great work!

Cheers

1 Like

The gaps were there in classic, but there’s a fleet missing that should hyperspace in right in front of your mothership (typically just as your ships are reaching the fleet that only has frigates and a cruiser), just before elson hypers in.

So the first reinforcement fleet you dispatch with ease by moving your ships there, then you figure you can do the same with the second. You move to do it and just as your start doing it another fleet hyperspaces in right in front of you and starts kicking your *** and making you go oh **** so when Elson hyperspaces in you are actually panicking and treat his reinforcements as salvation.

@joekgbx @jeffybug @bitvenom Could we see this fixed? The mission really disappoints me while the HW1C version is one of the best final levels in any rts to date.

2 Likes

Oh, yes, that’s it exactly!! Thank you Stuart98 for helping me remember. I think that’s a great idea to put back in that extra fleet that drops right on top of you before Elson arrives to help you rally. I hope that this would not be too difficult of a fix to make.

1 Like

I’ll pass it along to the team! Thank you guys a ton!

3 Likes

No, thank you!

1 Like