OFFICIAL - Battleborn to Run at 60 FPS on Regular PS4's Soon

Speaking as a PC player, there’s a 4th reason: Console players don’t have to deal with games arbitrarily deciding they don’t like your hardware, or they don’t like the specific version of PhysX installed on your computer (ala Mass Effect 2 and 3), or can work for months then one day decide it doesn’t like you and even a re-install doesn’t work (happened to me with Divinity 2). With console you put the disc in, it installs, and it works. No weird technical BS to bother with.

I wish I could play Bloodborne, but I can’t justify buying a PS4 for only one game :frowning:

4 Likes

Got it:

4: Trying to use a PC without the proper gym badges can result in it not obeying your commands.

3 Likes

Don’t forget splitscreen!

We have consoles at home so me and my GF can play together.

Otherwise I’d have a PC.

1 Like

You still have to pay for two separate DLCs though, right?

Also, forgive me, but because your avatar has been George Costanza for the longest time, i immediately thought “no way Costanza has a girlfriend”, haha! I know someone else who uses avatars too literally… Cough, @epicender584, cough.

3 Likes

Guilty! I usually associate people with more of their visual aesthetic than actual pic though. Gingers is mostly blue and a member of the Australian gods though so I was always biased in his favor

3 Likes

It’s all bout the pic with me, and i frequently mix people up because of it, if i don’t look at the name. Before i read the name, i automatically assume that:

Anyone using the Caldarius avatar is @NatsumeRyu.

Anyone using Deande is, well… @Deande.

Anyone using Ernest is @nbrownlie237.

Anyone using Rath is @blainebrossart1.

Thankfully, most of you have unique avatars, so i usually only make an ass of myself via my lame jokes and from… UNINTENTIONALLY derailing threads… Like i just did… Sorry.

5 Likes

I wonder what they had to do to up the fps tbh.

1 Like

UI fix probably
(Yes, something on topic so I can continue with:)
@HandsomeCam
Don’t forget you and Benny

1 Like

Well, @benedict_87 has about as unique an avatar as one can get, because he went out of his way to “selfie” with “captured Toby” just to use as an avatar on these forums. Now THAT’S staying in character. As far as i know, only one other person uses the REGULAR Toby avatar, but i don’t remember his name. That being said, if you see the Toby avatar as the most recent comment, you can safely assume that the thread isn’t currently on-topic.

2 Likes

That’d be @myrickma
Speaking of, would you want to join our forums chat?

1 Like

Yep, that’s him; and i didn’t know he’s on PS4 as well. Yes, @myrickma:

1 Like

Sees that his name was mentioned.
Saunters over to thread.
Reads original post.

NOW WAIT JUST A DAMN MINUTE!!! THIS DOESN’T AFFECT ME AT ALL!!! WHY IN THE HELL’DYA CALL ME OVER HERE??? THAT’S LIKE CALLIN’ A ROCKET WIELDIN’ BADASS OVER TO AN ARCHERY COMPETITION!!! Unless… unless it’s those arrows from that Sylvester Stallone movie…

Eyes go wide.

THORN!!! THORN!!! I NEED ARCHERY LESSONS!!! RIGHT NOW GIRL!!!

3 Likes

This exactly. I do have a laptop, but splitscreen is available in a lot more console titles, and that makes the difference between a game I enjoy for a bit by myself (usually maxes out at three months with very few outliers,) and a game I can enjoy on and off for 12-18 months with my wife, like Borderlands 1, 2, and hopefully Battleborn will last that long, but we’ll see.

Whether or not rules 1-4 applied (or whether I cared to build a gaming PC) are irrelevant because I simply can’t do that on PC. I’d rather buy the DLC twice (and I have) than buy TWO gaming PC’s.

1 Like

@epicender584 @HandsomeCam
lol
what is it exactly? like a PSN chat?

1 Like

Yup, and now a community. The chat has a ton of people constantly discussing the game or partying up to play. There’s been some interesting times

Cool, I’m in one already (will have to check if it’s the same one).
I don’t use my mic much because I sometimes got my kids running around lol.

1 Like

Just added you. And a lot of us don’t prefer mics too