Okay so every single time I open borderlands 3 it opens in a window that is 1423x889(custom) 16:10 This makes no sense because I have a 1440p monitor that is 16:9 and when I play the game I set the setting to standard 1080p resolution in a window

Okay so every single time I open borderlands 3 it opens in a window that is 1423x889(custom) 16:10 This makes no sense because I have a 1440p monitor that is 16:9 and when I play the game I set the setting to standard 1080p resolution in a window. When I close the game and reopen it though, it doesn’t remember this. It DOES remember all my other settings.

I found in my documents in a my games folder in a borderlands3 folder a bunch of .ini files, but most of them are blank. Presumably the one that saves this setting is also blank? Maybe I could manually edit it with the correct information? Maybe it’s saving my settings elsewhere, but then when the game loads overwriting the saved settings with these blank .ini files? I’m surprised I can’t google this problem, it’s quite annoying though.
Oh also when I start borderlands3 the fps is uncapped, despite the 60fps cap option being selected, I know it’s uncapped because it’s reaching 140 on the menus. This is also easy to fix by changing to another setting then hitting q then changing back and hitting q. It is annoying though to have to adjust 3or4 basic settings every time I start the program, when I actually want those settings to remain constant.

I want to mention this is NOT the same as the failed to save settings bug. I can save my settings just fine, they take effect, I play the game, no problem. There is no error message popup at all. It’s just that this particular setting won’t save (yet all the others do) and of course I can still play the game, but this is still a bug, even if a very minor one. It’s also weird that when it fails to find my chosen resolution it defaults to something as insane as 1423x889… which almost makes me think that somehow I’ve accidentally saved a setting somewhere telling epic that I like 1423x889?

Anyone else have this issue? If yes, have you solved it? If yes, how?

I found a reason why this error might not be very common. None of this happens if I play the game and close the game in borderless windowed mode. That’s what most gamers use. I recently upgraded from a 1080p to 1440p monitor though so I currently prefer using a window that’s about the size of my old monitor on my new big monitor. Hence the window that’s 1080p and not borderless.

This doesn’t really solve my problem, but it does help explain why maybe no one else has it, they’re all just using borderless windowed instead of windowed (or fullscreen).

There is a line in the ini files, Documents/My Games/Borderlands 3/Saved/config/WindowsNoEditor/GameUserSettings.ini something like -LastUserConfirmedResolutionSize…, change that entry manually to your preferred res, i did it and it worked.

Ps. I think you should change FullscreenMode=0 to 1 and LastconfirmedFullscreenMode=0 to 1 aswell.

Whelp those settings in that file were wrong, that gave me hope. However fixing them all as you suggested didn’t solve the problem :frowning:
As if there’s another copy of the file elsewhere that’s the one really being used?

After it didn’t work at first, I went back and changed not only lastconfirmed resolutions, but resolutions, and desired resolutions, but it wasn’t interested in them I guess. I have no idea where I went wrong though, this issue didn’t develop. It was present the very second time I started the game, and each time since, so I’m not sure when or where I introduced the bug. I have ran the benchmark though like 50 times because I’ve been ocd about getting the best settings for my very low end machine (game runs great, but I basically play on low, which is totally fine for my roughly 5 years old computer, that’s what I expected, solid performance on the lowest of settings).

It worked until Eden-6 for me, not anymore, now i have to set resolution scale upp over 100 save, and down to 100 again every time i start a new game…very annoying!

yeah same problem here. playing on a 65" 4k tv. i’m used to playing in a window (only using fullscreen for watch netflix etc.), so i set windowed reolution to 2560x1440. i can play bl3 without any issues but after restarting the game it sets windowed resolution back to 1600x900. tried hardcoding the settings in the ini-files but without success. not a big but annoying.