Omega59's "Nightmare Fuel" Art Thread

(Revolver "Revolver" "Pink Ocelot Terror Ghost" Ocelot) #1

In spirit of the new forums and the distinct lack of content in a lot of places, I have decided to make a little art thread myself, since I generally create things like GMod screenshots, MS Paint, or simple images in Photoshop for use as my own desktop wallpapers.

I really have no clue of how I want to name any of these (I’m open to suggestions), so I’ll just start out with a few of my favorites.

If this thread gets some attention, I’ll probably post more of my creations here.

And, here’s some more:

And here’s another one:

The reason that this image even exists is a funny little story. So, I have the prototype for Half-Life 2, and I was just looking around it, and I found an old version of the faceposing tool. I tried it out, and attempted to do serious faceposing with it, but it did anything but serious faceposing. So, a little MS Paint work later (About five minutes), and I created a stupid wallpaper. Fun.

I suppose I really should update this with a few new things.

And how could I forget this one?

(AKA Scruffy the Janitor) #2

2 words: NIGHTMARE FUEL

(Revolver "Revolver" "Pink Ocelot Terror Ghost" Ocelot) #3

Heheheh, I wouldn’t say that the second one is nightmare fuel, though. I suppose I’ll put up a couple more, now.

(Maxx Ammo) #4

Wow, very… what’s the word I’m looking for? Uh… Original! Yes, Original!

Is that Gordon Freeman with Teeth somehow outside his face? That sacrilege to some!

(Revolver "Revolver" "Pink Ocelot Terror Ghost" Ocelot) #5

Yes, that is an HD model of Gordon Freeman. I was playing around with the faceposing on him, but it went horrendously wrong, so I decided to just make a screenshot out of it, in that classic sepia filter, as I think these “original” screenshots look best with it.

(Alex) #6

Picture number 2 is my favorite!

(Revolver "Revolver" "Pink Ocelot Terror Ghost" Ocelot) #7

That one was really, really fun to make. Interesting, that one was taken while I still had my old video card, and is a bit over a year old, now. It feels like I’ve had this computer for ages, now.