OMGWTFBBQ Double Hugs

Can we like… unf*ck this piece of gear now? It is raw, unadulterated anti-fun. There’s stupid crap like Voxis Core on Orendi but Double Hug is on a whole other level of ridiculousness. It has way too big of an impact and it’s just dirty cheap.

4 Likes

Well, to be fair, if you stay at range Toby is one of the easiest counters in the world. You can’t hit sh*t with an Arc Mine past about 20 metres because it travels so slowly, and he has a massive hitbox.

Toby is at the very far end of the high risk/high reward characters. Currently IMO he’s balanced.

11 Likes

Agreed, if you are a melee then a skilled Toby with Double Hug is your worst nightmare. But if you are a ranged character you simply need to focus him until he panics and runs. He can’t aim well without his shield either. If you are having trouble with Toby then it’s because you have no ranged or your ranged isn’t doing his job. No reason to hate on Toby.

8 Likes

Well you still agree, that it ain’t right to let him have such a stun, if he has double hug it should reduce to 1.5 seconds

1 Like

Nope. It’s fine. If he can hit both of them, and if I’m stupid enough to put myself in the position where he can hit both of them, then I deserve to get rekt by a penguin in a mech suit screaming “SORRY!”

8 Likes

No because if your melee, a good one is bound to hit, ain’t anything you can do about it

1 Like

It ain’t a melee’s job to take out Toby. That’s always the job of the sniper/ranged characters. But otherwise:

/list all melee characters

• Rath has a knockup, and potentially a stun at level 1
  • Galilea has a stun
  • Boldur has a stun
  • Kelvin has a stun
  • Pendles has stealth and a slow, and currently Toby’s reveal doesn’t work all the time
  • El Dragon is trash these days anyway, but still has a stun, and a really good escape move
  • Deande has stealth
  • Attikus has a silence, and a really good escape
  • Phoebe has a silence, and a 6 second slow on her teleport (which doubles as an escape)

I’m probably forgetting a bunch, but this pretty much covers it: almost every melee character has a way to either evade the stun or prevent Toby from casting it. Not to mention his basic attacks aren’t hitscan either so if you’re fast he can’t hit them easily.

3 Likes

All melee don’t have an unfair 4 second stun though, by design it is unfair, and there is nothing wrong with an assassin taking toby, especially pendles, but if they have double hug stun, then all of a sudden he is impossible

3 Likes

Did you even read that post? The melee’s don’t need that stun, because they all have some way of countering it or evading it. The double-stun is the only way that Toby can be viable in close quarters, at all.

I’m hitting you with a Git Gud here. If you get hit by it, then you deserve to get hit by it.

7 Likes

Dude you seriously think it is fine, a toby player does become viable at close range with it, they become godlike, and skills have cooldowns, me personally, have never been hit by it, I’ve have seen tobies get close stun and boost back after an easy kill, it is too much

1 Like

If you’ve never been hit by it, then why are you complaining about it?

2 Likes

Because I’ve seen others been hit by it, I’ve had tobies on my team do it, I know a really good toby player that does it and calls it OP

It’s not OP. Like I said, it’s on the far edge of high risk/reward: Toby deals a lot of damage, and has a 4 second stun, but has some very effective counterpicks and countermoves. Try playing as Thorn against him. Barely a challenge.

1 Like

There is no risk on that stun dude, none, and thorn is a small target that is not a melee, even then people can hit her, and when that happens, they are dead no questions about it, it’s like old ghalt, but worse

1 Like

There’s risk in playing Toby. He’s a huge target but he’s really squishy. You just have to pick a well balanced team (always make sure you have a ranged character on board) and when there’s an enemy Toby, you let the ranged guy deal with it. It’s not the melee’s problem. It’s about teamwork.

4 Likes

Dude the 4 sec stun has no risk, and yes let the range guy deal with it, the ridiculous part, only once that 4 sec stun comes out does that happen otherwise, it is assassins and snipers, it’s like old ghalt, sure you can dodge it, but in the end it is broken and you know it

2 Likes

Then don’t let him get the stun out. Take him out before he can deploy it, or stay way the hell out of his distance. You farming minions around the first grinder and he pops out from his supply station, you just back up real quick and say in team chat “Foxtrot, Toby’s on A side grinder. You mind popping him for me?”. Bam. Done. The Toby gets killed. If you can dodge it, if there is something you can do to stop it from working, (i.e. CC the crap out of him) then no, it’s not broken.

You do realise you can’t just dodge it close range, and yes I could get whiskey, but don’t you think he may get occupied, and my reason still stands, the fact melee is useless to toby because of one gear and helix choice is broken by design

1 Like

You can’t dodge it close range? Don’t go close range. I rest my case.

So a character is useless against because of one combination I rest my case

Agree to disagree I geuss

1 Like