On the quest 'From the ground up' game keeps crashing when i reach the cut scene PLEASE HELP

Hello, any help would be greatly appreciated. I am playing on an Xbox one x on an early game mission in which you have to find the Sun Smasher chief. I kill all the bandits in the camp and make my way to the quest marker and the cut scene will begin, every single time the cut scene starts it causes my xbox to turn off instantaneously. When i turn it back on my xbox tells me it has over heated. I don’t think this is truly the problem as it only occurs at this cut scene and on no other game have I had this issue ever. I have re-installed the game 2 times, changed my settings to optimise performance over graphics. Unplugged the console and continuously pressed the power button. I have been waiting a long time for this game to come out and dropped close on £100 for the super deluxe edition. The game was a digital download from the xbox market place. Once more any help would be greatly received.

Edit: Guys earlier today I found a solution that may work for you too. I ventured the whole area of the map, literally everywhere I could possibly go, killed everything I found (by this time i was level 7 and still hadn’t made it through the cut scene. After doing all that I returned to the cutscene location and it loaded fine. I hope this works for you. I haven’t encountered any crashes since on other cutscenes. Good luck.

4 Likes

Mine is doing exactly the same thing, judging by the voice, It’s a vaughn cutscene. Now when I go to continue, its starts the cutscene and crashes again. I thought it was an issue with my project scorpio, cause it used to do it on the rakkhive cutscene in Borderlands GOTY. I’m really annoyed

1 Like

Same issue here. Confirmed it is that cutscene - i can play elsewhere in the game with no crash, or Gears 5 without crashing.

Same issue with me …gearbox please help!!!

Exactly the same thing is happening to me can’t get passed it really need a fix because it can’t be healthy for the console to be shut off unexpectedly

1 Like

Add me to the list of people having this exact same issue

A post was merged into an existing topic: FL4K flak posts

Atleast you have a character… my game crashed and my character is gone for good… waste of 5 hours of my life. This game is straight trash.

Guys earlier today I found a solution that may work for you too. I ventured the whole area of the map, literally everywhere I could possibly go, killed everything I found (by this time i was level 7 and still hadn’t made it through the cut scene. After doing all that I returned to the cutscene location and it loaded fine. I hope this works for you. I haven’t encountered any crashes since on other cutscenes. Good luck.

Same issue, see a guy itching his butt. Then xbox one x shuts off. Tried rebooting about 8 times with no luck and gave up. RIP $80!

1 Like

Happening to me as well. Any way to fix this. If not i want my £90.00 refunded

This is happening on my Project Scorpio Xbox One X as well. I have tried different characters and approaches with no luck. I filed a ticket with Gearbox/2K support with detail and a photo, I hope that helps along with forums like this. Just glad to know its the same exact thing for you guys and not just me. Weekends are my only time to play games so this is very disappointing.

Having the exact same issue. Only difference is its 2nd character playthrough. Got past this point with my 1st character but for whatever reason cant get past the Vaughn cutscene with my 2nd character without my X1X crashing due to “overheating”. Need a fix please, Gearbox.

So i managed to fix this issue by going into the settings and changing the “Graphics Preference” to performance from resolution. Hope this works for others!

I’ve also been having this exact issue, Xbox One X. On my first character it just crashed once and then I was able to progress through the cutscene. I started a second character to play with a friend and it crashed there. I later made a third character and now it keeps crashing at this scene every time. Though it is humorous that is crashes as soon as Vaughn starts scratching his ass, I can only see that so many times before going insane.

I’ve fully restarted my console to clear the cache, deleted reserved and character space from my xbox, and even completely uninstalled then reinstalled the game. Nothing was working until I switched the game to performance mode and that fixed it.

The same exact thing is happening on my Xbox… How long do you think it’ll take to fix this? This game is so much fun and I just wanna progress :((((((((((

Exactly the same as all the above.
This is the second game-breaking bug I came across in one days gaming, not good enough for a £60 game which has been in development for 5 years!!

For all those effected by this crash error, try and set the game to “performance mode” and then load the cut scene / game save. This has fixed it for other people.

I have been having the same issue. It happens every time. I have tried many times with two different characters. Patch me please! Will try killing everything and coming back…

I have found a solution that helped me pass that awful cutscene from the Basilico!! All I did was going to the PS4 homescreen while the cutscene was playing. Came back after two minutes or so, and it worked!