OP level 1 items?

I just hit level 80 and went and did the OP run. I successfully made it through then logged out.

It gave me the options to change to Level 1 OP. I moved it up to 1 and then logged in.

I just went to farm for a bee shield and when it dropped, it just says Level 80. I was under the impression it was supposed to be OP 1? Is that incorrect or have I done something wrong?

I logged in again to make sure I was OP 1 and it does say Current Overpower Level 1 (Maximum 1) before I log in. (have not moved it back down to 0)

Update on this… when I go to a vending machine, I see the weapons are OP 1. So is there some “randomness” to the mobs I kill that will drop reg level 80 stuff? I don’t want to farm things if that’s the case. I could spend hours just getting 1 item. I don’t want that item to end up being lower level by chance.

3 Likes

Yeah, world drops from mobs and such follow the “-2/+1” rule: they can be up to two levels below or one level above you (or just 2 levels below once you hit the regular level cap, or while playing at OP levels they won’t drop above your current max OP level.) And yep, that’s one of the great ‘joys’ of farming. That super-rare 2nd-generation pearl you’re after? Could drop two levels below you! :smiley:

6 Likes

Oh wow that blows. Thanks for the reply.

4 Likes

Many of the main bosses (with the big health bar) will always drop on-level gear though, like BNK3R, the Warrior, Cassius from FfS, the raid bosses, etc. so they’re safe to farm. But beware of Uranus, he follows the ‘mob’ rule for drops. :frowning:

4 Likes

As Rumplebunny says, but on the plus side he does have a large Loot pool and he drops between zero to 4 items (legend, pearl, everescent) per run, I actually even had a LLM pop up out of one of the boxes last night in his area (dropped a pearl)

2 Likes

It’s taken me up to 16 times (yes, I keep track) to get an on-level Bee from Hunter Hellquist.
Which isn’t really too bad as such things go, I’ve spent much more time with Gettle to do the same thing, HH is pretty quick and painless (phase lock, storm front for his shield, Hellfire for is health).
Keep rolling those dice!
–RoA

3 Likes

I’ve had them come from either of the two ammo crates on the upper lvl to the left (when viewed from the arena entry) or from the ammo crate behind the pillar on the right.

2 Likes

First one that’s popped for me and can’t tell you how many runs I’ve made since reading that they could

3 Likes

Yeah, that -2 rule is so annoying when you get a good drop but it’s two levels below…

Fortunately, you can play up to OP4-6 on L80 gear, especially in regards to a top tier item like the Bee. It’s your game, but I wouldn’t bother farming for gear every OP level, just every few once your items are doing such minimal damage that you have to upgrade

6 Likes

This exact thing just happened to me. I’ve been looking for a Bekah to drop for ages. Finally get one to drop at max level and it’s 2 levels under me. So infuriating.

4 Likes

Just finished 100 runs killing Uranus and got 15 Legendary Loot Midgets. There was a run of about 25 kills with zero LLMs, so I started to wonder, but then some more started to show up.

1 Like

randomness is a funny thing, sounds like a joke and maybe it is, but that’s the nature of it over long runs and why it’s so hard to differentiate between a truly random pattern and one that is not…In a long enough run you will get strings of repeat instances so is that the pattern or is it truly random and then you get strings of that instance not happening that balance it out over time…

3 Likes

And of course there’s when I do kill Gettle (as I did a minute ago) and I see a Lyuda silhouette pop out, but no, it’s a green Diaub…
–RoA

5 Likes

I love it (well, “love” it) when the game trolls you in that peculiar way. Like that one time I was farming King Mong for a Badaboom and he dropped a white bandit launcher. I think there’s been a couple times where Hunter dropped some random green shield that got my hopes up at very first glance while it dropped out of him. :smiley:

3 Likes