Option to Turn off modifiers in mayhem 2.0

I like borderlands it’s a fun game. It has its ups and downs and mayhem isn’t bad it brings challenge which is good. But I’m not a fan of the modifiers even back when mayhem 1-3. Some people hate just stat increases to add challenge. I actually don’t mind it. I liked mayhem 4 better than all the other mayhems. 2.0 modifiers aren’t as bad as the others but it’s still not fun imo. It’s not skill base it’s a like a mess of ideas mashed together that makes it difficult, instead of creating new builds it’s better to reroll bad modifiers. Except if you rather not play with them in the first place but want challenge still. New content like raids are fun, but playing it with modifiers isn’t. I want to get mayhem 10 gear without having to wait for balancing of mayhem or having to die instantly to random death skulls that spawn. Just a suggestion of course but one I would appreciate as a person that preorder the game and bought the season pass as a fan.

3 Likes

The M2.0 modifiers is actually my #1 reason why I lost interest in the game. They’re just tacked on and cheap and make the game a cluster f that’s less fun

3 Likes

this thread has been started more or less million times :smiley:

That’s how many people are looking for it.

1 Like

modifier was suppose to be something that when people get bored they fire up cheat engine for it , it shouldnt even made it to the game in the first place and nobody really asked for it before launch lol

2 Likes

Yea, please take it away from me xD

2 Likes

I want this quite a bit, but don’t hold your breath on it. Given how they destroyed old Mayhem 4 in favor of the clusterfork that is 2.0, we may well never see this happen.

2 Likes

M2.0 breaking drop rates was a bigger issue (to me) then the modifiers themselves. It’s annoying trying to RNG and hope for the combo you want but they aren’t horrible in some cases.

However watching gear drop rates die when M2.0 killed it for me. My theory still maintained is that they took drop rates at the old M4 and moved them to M10. Which means instead of M5-M10 have increased gear drop chance… M1-M9 actually has lower gear drop chance then we saw in the old M4.
This would mean that M0 has -2500% chance then M10 to get gear… So when you are trying to gear up… You have less chance to get worse gear. Yay!

Sorry to rant… I agree though, I wouldn’t be sad to see the modifiers go but they gotta fix gear drops

1 Like