Optional mission glitch - UPDATE

Hi all,

I’m sure many of you know about the optional mission glitch either by experience or by other players experiences.

For those of you who aren’t sure what I’m on about I will explain.

There will be a ‘!’ icon for an optional mission in one area (often the droughts and sanctuary) when you are at a different location. However, when you travel to the area to pick up the mission it disappears meaning you’re unable to accept the mission. The common missions that have this glitch are;

The Kevin Konundrum
Baby Dancer
Just a Pr*ck
Ratch’d up

I have been dealing with gearbox to try and get an answer on how to resolve this, after sending numerous of screenshots, information and data they responded to me this morning with the following;

“ Thanks for sending over all that data to us.

Thanks to Vault Hunters like yourself, we’ve been able to collect enough info about this issue to notify the development team, and they are currently working on a fix.

Unfortunately, we don’t have visibility on their progress here in customer support, so we don’t have a timeline for the fix to be implemented. Please follow us on Twitter (@2K, @2KSupport, and @Borderlands), as this is where latest info, as well as, upcoming updates and fixes, will be announced.”

So for those suffering from this glitch, it seems there should be a patch coming out for this at some point in the near future.

1 Like

Thats the standard reply when the support team is unable to help. Don’t expect to much.

1 Like

Oh. How brilliant :joy:

1 Like

Actually, it’s the standard reply when bug information has been passed on to GBX and we now have to wait to see what happens. It does not mean there won’t be a fix, just that 2K CS have no way to know what GBX are currently prioritizing for the bug fix team.

It’s the same when the community leaders here, such as Noelle, pass on our complaints and issues to the Devs from these forums. Once they pass the info, it is out of their hands.