Our adopted baby boy is due on BL3's release date!

My wife and I are adopting a baby boy. The birth mom’s due date is literally on the game’s release date, September 13th! So who knows, I may have to drag my Xbox and tv to the hospital to show the little tyke the most awesome game ever while I’m bottle feeding him, haha.

Too bad Microsoft’s xCloud won’t be released yet, otherwise I would easily just be able to play the game on my phone without having to drag all the other hardware to hotels, etc. I cannot wait for that service to be available.

Which of these 4 names should I try to convince my wife to let me name him?

• Scooter [Rest in peace good buddy]
  • Vaughn
  • Brick
  • Mister (as in Mister Torgue)

0 voters

Edit: added poll

6 Likes

Congratulations! As a parent myself, I wish to relate the best bit of advice about kids I ever received:

“Kids. They ■■■■ your life up. But in a good way”.

2 Likes

You forgot another little truth:
“Insanity is hereditary, you get it from children.”

5 Likes

Good to hear
Name him Zane or FL4K will sound more badas

1 Like

I shall call him Oopsababy!

1 Like

Haha, that’s a good one.

You guys gave me a good idea though. I added a poll in the OP for people to vote on the name.

1 Like

…never give me a terrible option. I will pick it

2 Likes

Ok, so soft serve takes - you can’t not pick scooter in this poll because of the community love for the character.

That being said, I do state based IT work and had to have this exchange with a DOT employee-

“Alright sir, may I have you first and last name?”
“Scooter johnson!”
“Alright sir, I’m not seeing that. Can you tell me how your login ID is phrased?”
“Scooter Johnson!”
“Ok, we’re clearly not hitting the same vibe. The first name isn’t a nickname, and you don’t log in with it.”
“Don’t know what you’re talkin about!”
“What does your mom call you?”
“Like when?”
“When she’s calling you by your birth name.”
“Scoot!”
sighs

5 Likes

Actually torgue’s first name is Mister Torgue his surname is Flexington…
While I’d opt for CL4TP, next would be Mister Torgue!
Btw, since you have an Xbox you might be able to pre download it prior to the 13th. Some say as early as the 11th. Then take it with to the hospital so little Mister Torgue can start playing BL 3 right away.
The best news is in today’s environment of fluid sexuality Mister Torgue works for any versuon. Might as well confuse the little bigger right out of the box!
Seriously congrats.

2 Likes

I can see that kid’s teacher now…
“Mr. Torgue! Please answer the question!”

1 Like

Yeah especially it it’s a girl!!!
And if course the answer is " EXPLOSIONS?!?!? "
Let me know if the wife gives in.

2 Likes

Maybe I’ll just name him Flexington (nickname Flex). If he doesn’t sprout M16-sized bicep guns (with obvious grenade attachment because…Torgue) he’s going to have some serious mental issues to work out later in life.

The wife has an iron will greater than Moxxi’s cup size.

1 Like

Let me know how that washes with the wife! Old friend of mine has last name Ray, when he had first kid I floated “X” as first name. Even argued that he might be able to get the courts to deep him over old properties where people made their mark. On the second one I tried Manta as we were big scuba divers at the time…no again, dang women take all the fun outta life :blush:

The trick is to give them choices but make those other choices worse than the one you want them to pick. Such as the name Effew (Pronounced ef-U) Though admittedly that name would be kind of funny itself but cause so many problems as they grow up lol.

congrats. my newest child is also due on the same day. means i might not be able to play the game right away. but i am still super looking forward to it. good luck on convincing her to name him one of those.

1 Like

That’s what I would call “getting a little psycho in time”.
Congratulations!

1 Like

How many do you have currently? We have 2 other boys at home so we’re stocking up on the testosterone, haha.

If you want to actually have a shot at winning this battle, I’d suggest Vaughn. XD

1 Like

We have 2 boys as well. The wife is hoping this one is a girl as there is too much testosterone already lol . It was being stubborn during the ultrasound and we wont know the gender till it is born.

just remember that any name you choose, kids will make fun of. so…i’d go with Vaughn or Brick. preferably Zane

1 Like