Out of bullets again!

Can we all take a minute and talk about a issue that has been bugging me ( and from what i can tell )much of the player base. Ammo reserve capacity. More specifically everything BUT assault rifles and smgs. It seems like whenever im out in the lands i always end up using smgs and assault rifles because I constantly run out of ammo with the other weapon types, especially on Mayhem 4. Snipers and rockets have always been unreasonably under stocked even before mayhem but with everything being a bullet sponge on M4 they’re not even worth equipping when in a lobby because you can’t pause to change weapons so you become a sitting duck. Pistols and shotguns are ok in short burst but don’t rely on them to be the key stone of your build since most of the good ones require multiple bullets per shot and can easily consume all your ammo mid shoot out. Can we get some support behind this? I feel like this is a small quality of life change that would improve the game overall and offer more diversity in weapon use while on the higher mayhems.

5 Likes

I think alot of people carry a facepuncher and a certain melee relic to get ammo back. Hopefully someone with more knowlege about how it works chimes in.

What is your 4 weapon types you are using?

You need to manage those ammo problems:

cutpurse launch pad: for general use, refill ammo from equipped weapon when rockets from slam hit enemies.
big boom blaster: drop booster for launcher refill.
Facepuncher + cutpurse relic: to refill shotgun ammo.

1 Like

Don’t forget that when you pick up an item, any ammo in it gets transferred to your storage. When you drop it, it goes down empty. So white rarity loot does serve some purpose.

3 Likes

Before I had a build with good synergies I had the same problem. Making an adjustment or two to your build can make all the difference in the world. Also you need to have great anointments on your weapons for maximum DPS to make M4 manageable. Sniper and Rocket ammo having a low supply is understandable since they’re supposed to be high damage type weapons. They lack in the damage part.

1 Like

Given my somewhat unhealthy obsession with opening boxes, I rarely lack for ammunition at lower Mayhem levels. I need to try M4 at some point, but I suspect even there if you pause after clearing an area and loot everything, you’d be in better shape.

2 Likes

My current “go to” load out is rad. Linoge, shock/ corrosive westergun, either a bangstik x18 or my ion cannon, and a cryo weapon usually lasersploder or something for the modifiers ie pistol, sniper, fire, or whatever. I change it around but this is my most used. Relic and shield varry depending on what im doing.

Picture for proof please or I don’t believe you. :stuck_out_tongue: I’ve never seen a Radiation Linoge unless they sneak-fixed the bug of Radiation Linoge not dropping.

1 Like

I do think a relic would definitely helps getting more ammo. Cannon got a massive nerf which it barely useful for rocket ammo. I love Linoge so much but I do admit it eats ammo in a way I realize I nearly out of ammo.

If your SDU maxed out then I’m not sure on how ammo gets empty but it’s nice to see the vending machine after being in a long shoot-out fight

Carry a cutpurse-victory rush or otto idol. I use Linoge on my Fl4k and once I clear an area I will leave a weak mob and melee him to fill reserves then execute. It solved my ammo problems when I first started M4.

2 Likes

I don’t want to rudely cross the line of “git gud”, but hitting crits saves approximately 20% ammo. :wink:

1 Like

Yeah the only time I had ammo issues was when I started new characters, ammo capacity was a major pain point during the first playthroughs of all my VH’s. It got to the point that I was juggling weapons cuz each of them barely had a full mag. :joy:

Im a fl4k main Every hit is a crit hit :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes:

1 Like

Lol! The old chestnut of empty mag and switch. Then have to switch back to an empty mag in the same fight! :hushed:

1 Like

Duly noted. Thanks for the tip.

1 Like

I feel I may obsess more than you with regard to opening crates, cash boxes, etc. I cannot pass one by without having some kind of imaginary force pulling me back to them. It gets annoying once in awhile, especially since during fights I do it as well.

1 Like

You win! I occasionally open few boxes before boss fight (if I have a spare second or two, like with Mouthpiece) to have some Health vials be there for an emergency fix, but ammo is usually not on my mind during the fight.

1 Like

I totally thought that this wasn’t the case, so much so that I just tested it.

Learn something new every day I guess!

I know Kurt and I had this discussion else-thread when the game launched. You no longer appear to get grenades by picking up grenade mods, for example, but weapon ammo does transfer. So, if you see a white or green launcher, pick it up, and all day long you’ll have more… boom?

2 Likes