Patch 2.0 - Reactions!

(omniconsumer) #188

Interesting. I do remember this. Can they still be used as a last ditch defense against bombers? I ask because I only ever used them in desperation against bombers, but not really fighters.

Capturing the Taiidan Carrier on HWR1 mission 5 is definitely still a no-no. I captured it and the trigger for creating Assault Frigs and Interceptors just kept going. I had an enemy fleet pouring out of it. I quick docked to run away. :fearful:

Also… you cannot construct friendly vessels out of it on the next mission. Not a huge deal, I could just see this as a nice benefit.

1 Like
(Picard85) #190

Iirc the torpedo frigate was never an anti-fighter ship, that’s what you have flak for. Torps were primarily anti-corvette and could double as light anti-capital (more anti-frigate I guess) when upgraded.

(Redalertgco) #191

Cathedral of Kadesh

The Kadeshi Flagship doesn’t move and is bombarding my mothership. I have 4 destroyers and 10 ION frigates and i can’t destroy it. I’m stuck in this mission. Even after i discover the wreck of the Khar Toba the mission doesn’t go on.

(Kenny The Klever) #192

Yeah I know they aren’t anti-fighter frigates, but they could (and should) manage to take out a few fighters (albeit inefficiently), whereas now they can’t take out any at all. It’s also just the flawed logic behind the small cluster warheads being as slow as the large torpedo: if they have no speed increase then what is the point of the torpedo breaking up to try to hit smaller ships to begin with…?

No, this is a change that I think needs to be reverted.

(BitVenom) #193

Think of it like a booster for a rocket - stage 1, stage 2. And when you break in to smaller bits you are making yourself harder to hit, or even just looking cool. 90% of HW universe is ‘looks cool’ stuff.

Nope.

4 Likes
(Civilprotection1) #194

I think the torp frigs anti corvette missiles originaly mirrored the vaygr missile corvette back when the missile corvette was anti corvette and not anti fighter/corvette. With the way that vaygr corvettes function now, I can see how it would be frustrating that torp frigs struggle so much killing fighters. That said, the flak frig should be a far superior anti fighter platform to the point that, without being in excessive numbers, torp frigs are no substitute.

1 Like

Whatever performance issues you’re encountering are probably on your end, as I’ve observed no performance issues at all with this patch.

(Yiryi-Sa) #196

I wish it was that simple, except that I didn’t have a significant issue beforehand. There’s no telling which variables are at play.

One question. Are you planning on rebalance Kushan/Taiidan multiplayer-wise? They are obviously inferior and underpowered compared to their counterparts, there’s no reason to pick them if an enemy picks Hig/Vagyr.

(Yiryi-Sa) #198

So far, the only drastic affect on performance is caused by Depth of Field (which is turned off in my case anyways). No other post-proc effect triggers performance degradation. Even Anti-Aliasing on 16x has no degradation.

I’d like to note that the patch has solved one minor performance issue of debris and capital ship explosions slowing the game down; that’s gone with the new patch.

However, the stuttering is another problem all together. Maybe it always persisted and was hidden by other slight performance quandaries before the 8-10% increase in performance.

(P4 Cm4n) #199

SUBLIME! :smiley: NOTHING BUT SUBLIME! The graphics have been improved?

(El Rizzo) #200

A huge chunk of this patch WAS balancing for all 4 races so that none of them are better or worse than the other and as far as the reactions go the vast majority seems to think the balance is good.

6 Likes
(Cloaked) #201

Agux, see this for details of the balance changes:

2 Likes
(HWRM Resurgence) #202

So no more goblins! Yay 1 less thing to worry about.

How about lods?(Level Of Detail) Unchanged or?

(BitVenom) #203

Oh, we use LOD a great deal now that Goblins are gone… Pay close attention to the Hgn_MS, for example…

4 Likes
(Force User) #204

I am really digging the changes for HW2, they definitely gel a lot better with my play style. Frigates feel a bit beefier, going to use them a lot more, especially flack frigates. Corvettes feel great and formations are working great with them, I really think you guys managed to combine the formations with HW2 squadrons extremely well, great job.

I also noted that the dustclouds really do stand out a lot more. I never had an issue with them in the past and it’s not quite to my personal taste but definitely appreciate that it can help other players that had issues with it in missions where you have to stick to them.

5 Likes
Homeworld Remastered Patch Balance Changes
(Stefan) #205

This patch is a total broken nonsense. Thank you for making an entertaining game with some small issues boring and mostly unplayable.

Im writing this from a perspective of a heavy multiplayer-user. I will try to be objectively but its hard to be after all what happened in the last 18 Months. We bought a game with BETA Multiplayer and had to suffer from numberless crashes, lags and other issues before it started working some months after release. The community was mostly scared off by that time so that the core-community had to wait long from summer on to get any game going. Now nearly 1 year after this u come with such a nonesense, made by developers that obviously doesnt know how to play remastered and totally clueless forum members that ive mostly never seen in multiplayer games.

Fighters
The patch succeded in destroying nearly all the fighter micromanagement possibilities that we had before. now excluding EMP its just a matter of the unitnumber. the battles take so long that the position of the fighters and attack angle doesnt really matter anymore. Before the patch when the opposing fightergroups first touched u could mostly kill 3 or 4 squads when u were attacking in the right moment and from right direction and could decide a 14 vs 14 squad battle with that. Most players didnt use that kind of advantages and just sent in their fighters and wondered why they lose all the time. Now they dont need to worry about that. I cant believe how anyone could have the idea, that fighterbattles are fun when they last minutes long.

Because of the high armor of the fighters and low damage its barely not possible to use weaknesses of enemy fighter fleetposition anymore. the battles take so long that teammember can bring their fighters from far away to help and they will arrive before the battle is decided. That makes it so hard to take out a group of enemy fighters and get an advantage in number. You also dont need to care about motherships or shipyards anymore. they are no longe able to make any significant damage to ur fighters so the battle wont be decided by that.

Formations are a big joke. We tested them hw 2 vs hw 2 and the group of fighters with no formations always won. its just a disadvantage. Im always happy to see enemy players using them. i know that i will win the upcoming fight for sure.

Interceptors can no longer kill modules. killing a module takes probably longer than flying from one side of crimson bond to the other… That was a big micromanagement possibility. It was so easy to take out enemy bcs or destroyers by using this. especially when enemy didnt protect their shipyards or moved is fighters far away. You could kill mods and subsystems. But it was risky because u suffered damge from mothership or shipyard weapons which had made u lose the battle if enemy player had fighters hinself to defend.

Now you just need the fighters to defend fighters or kill collectors. and dont say that you should use bombers to kill subsystems or modules. Using bombers makes you lose slots for interceptors which will make you lose fighter superiority. so no experienced player in a balanced game will build them. that makes battles really boring. You cant stop enemy from building or using battlecruisers so u have to build capitals urself and the matches will end in big bc battles even more.

Thats really funny because so many players complained about the bc-only games. now thats what they get even more. You cant stop them building them and you cant control them. I didnt build bcs very often in the last 9 months because you could kill the enemy ones so easy. Now i nearly have no possibility to prevent from them.

Most funny thing ever comes now: Full squads of hig interceptors lose battle vs hw1 scouts. My opponent didnt have more than 50 or so maybe 40 It tooka while but they had no chance. We tested it twice. How broken is that?

And the balance between vaygr and hiigaran is worse than before. 11 Ints and 6 scouts vs 14 Strikes and 6 Scouts both with emp will make hiigaran lose all the time. We tested it multiple times. What a great work :-).

Fighters are so strong now that 5 intsquads easily can kill a torp frigate. Thats definately the end of hypertorp-strat. And another tactical possibility destroyed by the nice new patch.

i mostly played hw2 factions. but i think u can image how strong are hw1 fighters now. they probably kill flaks in a couple seconds by now. The biggest advantage of hw1 was that fighters were single. that gave them a huge infight advantage. that was the main fighterissue. every squadron can follow just a single enemy fighter. that makes it much longer to kill all enemies. thats why hw1 always won. now its probably even more brutal as you can image after i told you from the scout issue.

Gunships
And here we come to an issue that was really necessary to change. The well know gunship weakness. It didnt change much. You dont need to fear them. Just send in ur interceptors and ur good. these units are only usefull when they can kill fighters very effectively like 4-6 squads vs 14 ints win the battle. if u need 10 or 12 its just a waste of money and time.

Frigates
I dont know why you obviously wanted to push the frigates so much? they were powerful and good. now some specific thinks make them even weaker in some points. i mentioned the fighter vs torp thing. fighters can kill all frigates better now. that means that its way harder to capture things with marine frigates. they go down so fast. and another tactical possibility that dot patched out…

Platforms
Platforms are finally useless now. because of the fighters are stronger its possibly to kill the platforms much faster than before. noone should use them anymore. i cant imagine any sense for that. And another tactical possibility that got patched out of the game.

Capitals
How boring is that? Destroyers shot so slow now. BCs are weaker. It takes so long to end the battles vs players that are already beaten. It makes every game totally unneccessary 5 minutes longer… And the shotgraphics look so lame now that u would love to skip that battle.

Who understands why the capacity is reduced to 5 for destroyers now? and 2 for bcs. they are weaker and that makes it even longer to finish the game.

Summary
The patch kills a lot of micromanagement and tactical possiblities. Interceptors are onedimensional now. platforms useless, gunships useless, hypertorp out, marines weakened, modules will be easy to protect, capitals are weak. How do you want us to play the game? just focus on frigates and add some destroyers and bcs, move forward to a big battle in mid and then leaving the winner 15mins of killing the enemy base?? Where is space for creativity? Where are possibilites to stab others in the back? Do you want no variety in this game? Is the only task of fighters to kill or protect ressources and kill bombers? This game became boring. A one dimensional strict-linear gameplay was the end of Deserts of Kharak. It got boring in a week and noone liked to play it anymore. Every game was the same. Thats what will happen here.

1 Like
(aka LightBRz) #206

So basically you are upset because the meta game changed, and you don’t like the new meta, hum ok.

11 Likes
(Goose3) #207

I had 2 harvester close to each other on 2 asteroids, also very close to one another. My guess: They interfered with their docking patterns.

Other than that I fail to see your answer here. Just because it didn’t happen for you doesn’t mean it can’t happen to somebody else. :wink:

At least you’re confirming that this seems to be kinda rare indeed which is good.

Noticed that as well. While I don’t find it that bad it certainly is true that this is aesthetically not so pleasing. Perhaps it can get improved upon a little bit. But if there’s a chance that this would ruin things once again then I wouldn’t risk it if I were in Gearbox their shoes.