Patch 6/11 feedback polls

Still at work, so haven’t tried it yet. Maybe too early? Three primary categories that were touched on, so lets start there.

What is your feedback on patch:

Optimization:

• Better
  • Not Better
  • Can’t tell

0 voters

Weapon Balance:

• Like it
  • Don’t Like it
  • Can’t tell

0 voters

Mayhem Balance:

• Like it
  • Don’t Like it
  • Can’t tell

0 voters

Bonus:
New Guardian Takedown:

• Like it
  • Don’t Like it
  • Won’t try it

0 voters

7 Likes

@Noelle_GBX Please look at OP >----^

So far it seems like the best thing to come out has been optimization.

Weapon balance seems to fall flat for being one of the most anticipated features of patch.

Mayhem balance tends to go hand in hand with weapon balance so can understand that.

(Very) Small portion enjoying the Takedown.

9 Likes

That Takedown just feels like bs. They nerf almost all of the best weapons in the game (and quite a bit, too. My Kaoson went from 4.5k to 3.2k and my Sandhawk uses all my sniper ammo in like 4 mags) and then introduce content where mob enemies take longer to kill than actual bosses.

13 Likes

New Takedown is either unbalanced or feels incredibly unfun under most normal play. Not to mention that even if it gets properly scaled to solo, there are mechanics in the stage that are difficult to deal with without multiple players, and there are areas where you need to successfully platform or die which given the way Takedowns are designed (death means you need to start back at a far back checkpoint) is again unfun.

Can’t believe they went ahead and gave the bosses a billion immune phases too. Nobody enjoys that crap.

Also, pretty sad they still haven’t made it so you can see all the mayhem mods in splitscreen, there’s a scrollbar but no way to scroll down.

Hadn’t managed to get good anointed Sandhawk or Kaoson so no idea how they fared. Yellowcake overall feels a little weak in some cases after the nerf.

300/90 anoint might be worthless now outside very high damage weapons, but didn’t fully test much.

16 Likes

You thought this was borderlands?! This is new age streamy pc we want you to slide mario 3d with optional bullet sponges.

12 Likes

I just beat it and did not get a single new legendary if there is any. All in all this was very frustrating takedown and the platforming is way to punishing the visuals look great though.

11 Likes

Aghaahahhahahaahaha omfgherd… How rewarding to get some pretty scenery tho! 10/10

13 Likes

My hud is now bugged and I is huge. The options no longer work at all, so I cant change it. The settings save but have no effect what so ever. Anyone have a potential fix cause this is unplayable.

9 Likes

Whew doggie, glad I haven’t bothered to play in about a month and avoided the frustration a lot are expressing.

Might get back into it around Christmas time, give GBX a solid year-and-a-half to iron out the kinks.

14 Likes

No determination on the takedown yet, but a little disheartening that my build that previously shredded m10 maliwan takedown is now struggling on trash mobs in the new takedown. Time to re-optimize I suppose

2 Likes

Is it just me or does the Kaoson feel like a shotgun with 1 (or 2) pellets? It kicks way too hard and it spreads way too far

2 Likes

you prob have the modifier that increase gun damage but increase recoil and spread

3 Likes

Its weird, i have an x1 that kicks like a mule and an x2 that still has virtually no recoil. Must be in the parts.

1 Like

Same. Really don’t get it: Lower health of foes on M10 and than bring a Takedown with enemies having quadruple life compared to those at Maliwan? Can’t even do it on M8 GT though my anarchy shoud even do more damage now than before due to annointment buffs. Don’t get it. I’ll leave it for now. cu

2 Likes

@spytock1 nope. it’s Speed Demon.

1 Like

The situation is not great. The new takedown is a mess, I started by locking myself out of it due to playing a ricochet witch Amara and knocking an enemy out of bounds. The crystal mechanics are also bluntly not a good idea. Past that I’m somewhat bemused that this seems more spongy, given I’m running out ammo faster than I do on TTD.

As for the balance, honestly while I rarely post in this section of the forums, I did note that fixing gear balance was going to be complicated. I figured they’d just slap a numeric buff on most legendaries, meaning they’d still be basically useless. Instead they did that with only a handful of SMGs, most of which needed qualitative fixes. Further, I admit I’m unsurprised, but disappointed that the Yellowcake nerf was so severe that it’s no longer worth using even against M10 trash mobs.

Succintly, at this point the game seems to be in a worse position than pre-patch.

22 Likes

my expectations were low but holly

not only gun balance wise they did jack squat mostly

i don see better performance any way and they have announced improved menu lag every damn patch what is the improvment like 0.1%?

11 Likes

It really is a shame what Gearbox keeps doing to this game. Every patch seems to make things worse. It really makes you wonder if they even play their own game.

After reading the feedback here, I won’t even bother logging in to take a look.

17 Likes

Really hoped that the ASA 200% anoint gets fixed so it isn’t disabled by swapping guns… Kind of my biggest disappointment besides my favorite gun (Lucian’s Call) not getting buffed… And a pretty obvious bug as well…

3 Likes

If I wanted something like this new takedown, I would’ve played Destiny… Seriously I had some intense Vex flashbacks. Fun is annihilated and the cake tastes bitter.

5 Likes