PC Crash and Burn

Sometimes I get a BSOD, sometimes the computer just locks up and requires a manual restart. Seemed to happen less the couple of days after launch before I updated my nVidia drivers to the latest release. Now it happens anywhere between 10-60 minutes of play, doing any number of random things or nothing at all.

Tried what most people already have… dx toggle, fps cap, vsync on/off, full screen, etc. Temps and utilization all seem fine right up to the crashes.

Had this PC for years and never had this much of a problem with any game before, real shame.

Win10 64
ASUS x99-PRO
i7-6800k
32g RAM
Titan X (Pascal)

Overheating issue? The lockups and BSOD are infamous heat related effects. I’m guessing it’s the lack of optimization, but BL3 is trying its hardest to melt my 2080. Literally. I’ve not had GPU temps like this…ever.

If you’re running hot too, your PC might be trying to save itself.

I’d agree with you, though I’m using EVGA Precision X1 to monitor temps/utilization and the temp is a stable 45c right up to a crash. I mean I can run Monster Hunter World at max settings for hours with no issues, not sure why BL3 can’t make it 60 minutes without pooin all over itself.

Man that’s frustrating. I don’t think a lot of these types of issues will be fixed until gearbox and/or Nvidia figure this out and toss out some updates.

45c is pretty good, so that’s not it. Don’t suppose you have another GPU laying around to test with? BIOS update maybe? Have you tried completely uninstalling and reinstalling the Nvidia drivers? Just tossing ideas here.

You’re right, I could give reinstalling the drivers a shot, or rolling back maybe. I don’t have another GPU unfortunately. When you work in IT, the last thing you want to do when you get home… do more IT. :smiley:

This is what ive got so far.

Thanks Pika

NP, sorry its likely not a solution but moreso a list of everything ive tried thats failed, and trying to keep updated with anything gearbox/microsoft/nvidia/whoever has responded to me with

Brother, I worked in IT for almost 20 years. I now hate computers, no joke. I hope they push some updates, or at least an acknowledgement that they recognize there’s a problem. Best of luck to ya.

So, this allowed me to complete a full benchmark without crashing. Its showing promise

\Epic Games\Borderlands3\Engine\Extras\Redist\en-us\UE4PrereqSetup_x64.exe

Nope… still can crash. Hard to tell if more stable or not. Progress maybe?