[PC] Game crashes in character select

I’ve tried joining a private story party with 2 friends several times and also attempted joining public fights, but each time after getting to character select my game crashes and closes after picking a character. I get a long “Fatal Error” message that goes away before I can read much of it.

Same thing is happening to me, but without the error message. Even looking through the characters on the command screen does it.

Started getting the error message at the start of PvP matches and sometimes before even selecting a character.

I get a similar error message upon trying to do PvP.

Im having the same issue. sometimes the error message stays long enough to be seen but not read, and sometimes it does not appear at all.

i have made it through 2 pvp character selection screens without a crash. my previous post was in regards to pve character select

I’m having the exact same problems as the posters above. I can’t join any games because it crashes at the character select and it also crashes on the command screen. I also sometimes see the Fatal Error pop up (but it goes away too quickly to read) and sometimes not.

Specs:

• Windows 7 SP1 64 bit

• Processor: AMD Phenom II X4 965

• Video card: AMD Radeon HD 6970

• 12GB RAM

1 Like

I have the exact same problem. Played a match of story mode and versus yesterday, but 9/10 times this happens.

Same problem, CTD on character select. Haven’t seen an error message yet, but neither have I been able to join a game.

Same problem. PvE works fine, but all PvP crashes to desktop.

Yep, same thing here. Sometimes it’s a small “fatal error” box sometimes it’s long, scrolling text, sometimes it just says “fatal crash” and other times I get no notice. I will say I have gotten into a few games where it didn’t kick me or crash at all. But that’s very few.

Noticed after the last time it crashed that it seems to copy the error message to the clipboard.

Fatal error!

Fatal Exception: 0xc0000005, GetLastError: 0
Map: Skirmish_P, Changelist: 1193136
Access violation DEP location 0x0000000000000002
Address = 0x0000000000000002
Address = 0x00007FF7C79AE3CE [in D:\Steam\steamapps\common\Battleborn Open Beta\Binaries\Win64\Battleborn.exe]
Address = 0x00007FF7C799FEC9 [in D:\Steam\steamapps\common\Battleborn Open Beta\Binaries\Win64\Battleborn.exe]
Address = 0x00007FF97AB83FEF [in C:\WINDOWS\SYSTEM32\MSVCR110.dll]
Address = 0x00007FF97AB84196 [in C:\WINDOWS\SYSTEM32\MSVCR110.dll]
Address = 0x00007FF99CFA2D92 [in C:\WINDOWS\system32\KERNEL32.DLL]
Address = 0x00007FF99DDB9F64 [in C:\WINDOWS\SYSTEM32\ntdll.dll]
Address = 0x00007FF99DDB9F64 [in C:\WINDOWS\SYSTEM32\ntdll.dll]

I’m also receiving a similar issue. Battleborn sometimes closes, and sometimes gives me a fatal error message, when I enter the character select screen in either PvE or PvP. In PvE especially, it won’t even let me stay in a match; every time I load back in, I’m booted within 30 seconds. In PvP, it seems to be more stable, though it still usually boots me during character select.

Update: It does stabilize eventually in PvE as well, but it seems to smooth out much quicker on PvP.

Update 2: Reinstalling the game doesn’t fix the issue. Nor does running it in administrator or compatibility modes.

im having the same issue, but im also crashing in PVE as well as PVP. i managed to get 2 games in, with issues like this happening, and i truly enjoy the game, but its very literally impossible to play the game with this bug. im not going to buy a game i cant play, and that goes for more than just myself when it comes to this, so if you could find a fix for this soon, that would be more than fantastic.

Well, now that the beta’s over and I only ever managed to get 2 minutes into a solo story mission without the game crashing, I have to say I’m incredibly disappointed with gearbox for never addressing this issue anywhere at all, despite this being the 3rd most viewed thread in bug reporting and having been reported on the very first day of the beta. Hopefully they’ll come out with a fix for it eventually, if not of course I don’t see myself ever buying a game I can’t play.