[PC] Having problem with golden keys, Gearbox Support not responsive

Anytime I use a code for new golden keys, I check to see how many keys I have beforehand, enter the code, and then re-enter the game and I have the SAME amount of keys! This has happened to me multiple times. I submitted a ticket to Gearbox Support about this roughly 3 weeks ago, and the one response I got was regarding transferring progress from Xbox 360 to Xbox One. I’m not even playing on console, I’m on PC! I stated this very clearly in the original ticket. It has been about 2 weeks now since I have heard from them, and I have no idea what is going on. Suggestions? Solutions? Help!

How many keys is it showing? If it’s over 200, there is a well-known bug where the number displayed in-game does not update until you use enough keys to drop below some magic number. GBX has said that you do not lose the extra keys, and the display should adjust to show the correct total eventually. My understanding is that originally the key-count was held in memory by an integer that limited it to a max of 255 keys, since GBX assumed people would use the keys rather than hoarding them.

On the response from GBX support, typically the first one you get back is automated, and seems to reflect the most common problem currently being handled by the support team. That said, I think their staff often skim the text of complaints quite rapidly as I’ve had similar issues - I was told to verify my files on Steam, even though I’d clearly stated I was on 360!

Editted to add that your post should probably go here - the BL2 support categories where changed at some point, and BL2 > Tech Support is sort of orphaned - it doesn’t appear if you browse the categories on the main BL2 page. Paging @Kitty_Jo or @joekgbx to take a look at the forum category issue…

1 Like

Got you moved into PC tech support for BL2.

I would try sending in another ticket. If I recall correctly, 2 weeks ago the support team was being slammed with tickets.
So try another. Hopefully you’ll get a more helpful and quicker reply.

1 Like

As for the forum issue, I’m looking into it as we speak! :slight_smile:

1 Like

Thanks everyone for the quick responses! My number of golden keys is definitely over 200 but not quite at 255, so that’s why I was a bit confused. I’ll try using some of the keys and hopefully the number adjusts itself. Also, making a new ticket on Gearbox Support now. :smile:

1 Like