Pendles needs to be nerfed ASAP

Give it time and people will be even more keen to distortions then they already are so then it will be easier to spot himand he still needs situational awareness because of the reason above

under the assumption that pendle players will go no better at playing pendles. Its a sword that cuts both ways, people might get better at fighting him, but the people playing him will get better playing him.

And he still lack someone who can effectively find and kill him in the same character unlike he can do to a lot of the current roster. Ambra DOES NOT cut it. Her reveals are too static, and she doesn’t have the personal DPS to do it. Pendles will merely choose to not engage.

There are plenty of characters that can kill pendles, but non of them can actually find him

1 Like

Well at least there's more of a use out of revealing cloked enemies lol

1 Like

And here I’ve been taking Ambra’s R1 Helix for the reveal ability for her Solar Wind. I’ve killed several Pendles with it.

me and you took completely different approaches but I commend your methods!

Orendis reveal is the bane of my existence. She can spam those pillars down and see Me every.single.time

only if you let her live… which pendles shouldn’t. He has the dps to kill orendi in a couple seconds

Once you notice a Pendles’ whisp once, you will be able to pick him up pretty often after. He adds a thrillingly new spooky factor to the game that me and my buddies really enjoy.

Typical situation where somebody sees him:
“Nobody move, I think Pendles is near…OH SH**”
“Where’d he go!?”
“I’m so startled”

And that’s when I come in with Dr. Shayne Balloon Hands and clean him up with a stealth slow and grab stun followed by a rock/paper/scissors taunt to really show him the errors of his ways

6 Likes

The area of the reveal though half the time she reveals me in front of 2+ people and doesn’t even notice

Hard counter, as in someone who he can only beat under the most optimal circumstances.

• Any Defender
  • Any attacker who has even rudimentary backup or is a higher level than him (not hard since he puts himself out in the open if he goes minion-hunting for EXP)
  • Literally any pairing of Battleborn focusing on him.

Pendles is a sneaky bugger, yes, but he is SO easy to kill if you catch him out of stealth. His stealth is his -only- serious defense. If the enemy team has a Pendles and you don’t invest in Reveal skills or insist on spreading out/splitting up, then I’m sorry but it’s your own silly fault if you get shanked by him.

1 Like

And she has the DPS to kill him just as quickly. If she uses her bounce-back move and has any competentce with aiming her bolts, he’s dead meat.

2 Likes

That’s because he excels at hampering an opponents push, not aiding his allies push.

I’ve said it before and I’ll say it again. As pendles I make sure I’m running around sabotaging enemy base to keep them from getting shards, having turrets, and ambushing minions before they can make it to the middle or at least weaken them so allies can now through them.

Which actually aids the team more than just helping pushing normally. A crippled enemy is a good advantage.

1 Like

ho appena finito di giocare contro il nuovo eroe e posso dire che è OP. tra le sue abilita ce quella di rimanere invisibile all infinito, il giocatore avversario ha passato tutto il tempo nel nostro spawn distruggendo le nostre torrette senze che lo riuscissero ad localizzare. attacca e poi ritorna invisibile senza un tempo limite per questa.

I expected more from gearbox and not only I in fact many players have left this title . the new heroes must be tested before being put in the final game

1 Like

Ummm… Don’t know what the first part says but pendles just going 14 and 1 doesn’t make him op…
Also your team was garbage so those kills were probably easy pickings for him

1 Like

A post was merged into an existing topic: The new hero over power

I’ve got no clue what you said in the first bit since I don’t speak Italian. but…

[quote=“Idlebit, post:1, topic:1542583, full:true”]I expected more from gearbox and not only I in fact many players have left this title . the new heroes must be tested before being put in the final game
[/quote]

Just because you got your ass handed to you by a new character who has an incredibly different playstyle than normal doesn’t mean that he’s overpowered, especially when it’s apparent that the game was at least 3v4 (with Pendles on the team with 4 or 5). Rather than blaming the character on being overpowered, consider all of the people that have actually been figuring out how to beat him rather than blaming the character itself (and having pretty good results in the process).

3 Likes

Mhhh, it appears Toby left the match/never made any points/objectives, no even collected a shard. Thorn as well… Did they just left or what happened there?
In the case you had just 2 allies/3 total against a full 5 man team its no wonder the rivals seem powerfull by default. You had a big disadvantage here, due to your teamsize, not because of Pendles.
At least thats how it looks to me.

Also he has 14 kills but only 4 assist, which is a sign that the asassin-role works perfectly - he´s a backstabbing bastard after all, no wave-clearer.
The possibility is high your rival was a skilled Master of Deande or OM, with experience in his role and in stealth.

If you think a char is OP, try him/her yourself, get some insight and another perspective.
To judge by scoreboard or rivals playskill is not enough to make a verdict imo.

1 Like

Yeah number of kills doesn’t mean op, just that he got the last hit in.

Which is literally what he’s designed to do: finish people off.

1 Like

Given that he can spawn camp minion spawn points without getting any sentry aggro, or take points cloaked in capture, yeah, I’d say it’s damn obvious he needs tweaking.

1 Like

Someone had a great idea to make Tier1&2 turrets able to aim on him even if cloaked. This could be a clever little tweak making straight backdooring less easy.