Perfect opportunity for scaled content

With the announcement that mayhem 2.0 will function similarly to op levels from borderlands 2, I believe this is the perfect opportunity to get a system of zones that will have random enemies and a random boss at the end of the ‘instance’ that will drop loot according to your current mayhem level.

For those who don’t know, this would work similarly to greater rifts from diablo 3 and while I think the greater rifts were a mistake for diablo 3 due to being an isometric game, I believe this would work perfectly for borderlands 3.

Such a system would not only be a rewarding experience for refarming your gear, but will also increase replayability greatly through random generated layouts / enemies / bosses.

What’s your opinion on this?

1 Like

Oooh, I like the sound of that!
Doesn’t even HAVE to be randomly generated, would be a lot of work, even if they just make it… uhm… room style, like Zelda Link’s Awakening dungeon making system. Could just swarm existing maps (uniquely instanced for this, so normal NPC’s/quests are not available… unless quests within them) with mobs and add a boss at a random location that the player has to find!

Though Randomly Generated would be infinitely cooler…