This is a port from the old forum, you do not have to sign again if you already did.
#You can signify that you are signing by liking this post
Borderlands 2 had a test dummy in Marcus’ shop.
This dummy proved invaluable to many playing the game in figuring out what guns they wanted, how the game behaved and the underlying mechanics that drive it.
This is a petition asking Gearbox and 2K Australia to provide us with a dummy in one of the following ways:
- Add the BL2 dummy somewhere in Concordia.
- If that proves impossible due to the need for the model to have a back wall, BL2’s DLC1’s Shiv-spike’s model can be used instead, since he is tied to a pole.
- Have Nina’s boyfriend from the rough love quest display damage when he is shot, since he is stationary.
- Integrate a shooting range within the first DLC to be released.
- release it as a stand-alone DLC that can be accessed through fast travel (something like “Marcus’ shooting range”, or “Dahl’s training facility”) for a price (I would personally be willing to pay something like 1.99$ for it, and i’m sure other people would too. And it could probably be made very quickly and easily)
It may not look like much, but this test dummy is important to many players who like to crack the game open and really dig through it. it’s also valuable to new players who are just discovering the game’s mechanics, skills and guns.
Also, since the game advertises in the loading screen tooltips to look for help here on the forum, it would make sense for you to provide the community with the kind of features we need to provide the best possible help we can. we want to help: help us do so
Lastly, since we’re discussing dummies, as a community we feel that the same dummy we had in BL2 would be great already, but if you feel like improving on the formula a bit, consider having a flesh dummy, an armored one and a shielded one, something that can activates kill skills, and consider placing them so that they can be reached by melee attacks. Of course in all cases, the proximity to an ammo machine would be very practical, just like in BL2
I know online petitions aren’t especially efficient, but I hope the people who signed this will represent a sizeable enough sample for you to consider that the fanbase as a whole would be delighted by such an addition.
Please 2K Australia
Give us back our dummy!
Edit: People have also mentioned the abuses possible with a dummy. What they fail to realize is that the only version of the dummy that can be abused is the earlier one that spawns in marcus’ quest. The main dummy cannot be exploited.
Thanks for all of the feedback. Passing this along to the devs for consideration. No promises, but happy to ping this thread if there are any updates.