Petition to make mayhem modifiers individually selectable - add your signature

As the title says, I have created a petition to get Mayhem modifiers individually selectable. When it gains enough traction we can forward this to the Gearbox powers that be…

https://www.ipetitions.com/petition/make-mayhem-modifiers-individually-selectable

9 Likes

There is definitely something odd going on. Yesterday I posted a build video for my melee FL4K. I have just checked the video and I have Speed demon, Healy avenger, Drone ranger and Holy crit.

Today it has changed all by itself to Speed demon, Healy avenger, Laser fare and Holy crit.

WTAF???

1 Like

Mini event for Loot Monsters ended today, so Chain Gang was added back to the pool of Hard modifiers. Thats why your hard modifier was changed.
Don’t ask me why, I know it’s dumb but thats how it was everytime GBX turning modifiers on/off.

In case of the manual select, they are aware of that. Many players are asking for this since M2.0 was added. It may be added in the future (or not).

4 Likes

Having to re-roll modifiers after every event/hotfix/patch/sneeze is getting really stale. I see no harm in having a petition to show further support for addressing this unintended (I assume) mechanic, even if they are aware of it.

It is the sort of tedious mechanic that will eventually make the game lose all re-playability. Imho of course.

8 Likes

On the hot fix news today I told them about this issue we’re having with 2.0 how no one has a choice with modifiers to choose to use them or not and that because of this players have been leaving the game . They responded with they are aware of this issue their players are having with this .

2 Likes

Call it paranoia, but I don’t to provide my email when I already have a place to air my whining that presumably gets to GBX in some form.

2 Likes

Just because you are paranoid doesn’t mean they’re not after you … :male_detective: :female_detective: :male_detective:

4 Likes

Completely on board with this. I keep losing my close to possible perfect modifiers every event that happens. This time I rolled all the modifiers I wanted and just know it will be gone next week. I’m ready to just quit playing.

2 Likes

Dang, I hate to always sound cynical, but …

If GB does ever allow us to select our modifiers, (most likely) it would be done after losing the entire player base of the game.

If players refrained from purchasing DLC4 until it’s implementation, GB might actually listen.

3 Likes

Do these things ever work?

1 Like

Who knows? But it’s worth a punt…

GB will have sold enough season passes to cover costs. They have also had several months of employees working from home, further driving down running costs…

1 Like

Mr Randy Pitchford himself has specifically said that they are looking into making this happen. It’s just a matter of resources to get it done.

I have faith it’ll be here eventually. Enough of us have demanded it. And pretty much the entire stream team has bitched to GBX about this directly.

3 Likes

This is the exact reason I am done until DLC 4, or something besides a few minor tweaks are made to the game. The modifiers are bad enough, but being forced to re-roll because of an event is a major problem with me.

I hope they realize how major of a problem this really is with the players…

8 Likes

Spending ages rerolling modifiers that make the game enjoyable is such a pain in the arse, it can take hours to find something barely acceptable, then you log in another time and it’s changed itself. The modifiers make me hate the game.

3 Likes

You can always set up a junk email address for these types of uses…

3 Likes

Flat out removal is the only solution.

3 Likes

Not gonna happen. GB love them too much. And to be honest, some are very advantagous. Speed demon is great for mobility. Healy avenger and drone ranger provide easy second wind opportunities. Even holy crit is good if you are aiming for crits.

Pool party, floor is lava, buddy system, rogue light and post mortem are all dreadful and add nothing to the gameplay except exasperation.

More than ok boomer is also really great for Moze. Keeps my grenades maxed out without MOD or using a BBB.

1 Like

If it doesn’t happen then me and many others won’t play again. I havent booted it in ages now.

7 Likes