Plague Rat or Double Dose?

Double Dose seems kinda redundant. Hops to one more target, but Plague Rat already causes EVERYTHING AROUND to be infected, plus buffing buff dps?

Buffing buff dps?

I honestly don’t quite get how double dose works considering her scoped shots penetrate targets already so I am doing plague rat atm. Helps her wave clear a bit and might just help her lore that needs like 50k primary dam in 10 different matches.

So in summation unless I get specific info on how double dose works I think plague rat is probably better

it says that the bullet jumps to hit a second target like Shayne’s boomerang.

I guess its a difference of if you want to buff the Infection dps, or if you want to hit two targets at once with her base bullets.

You can hit any number of targets as long as you are scoped in and the line of sight puts them in a line. Double D may give you a bit more utility outside of hitting waves but doesn’t really do anything when you ARE hitting waves

I didnt notice her shots penetrating? Is that listed somewhere?

I don’t think it’s listed anywhere but they 100 percent penetrate when scoped in. I was pretty surprised but even more surprised that double dose adds much less utility than it seems because of the penetration. Definetly odd

oh. is there an unlisted effect for Physician’s Eye? Seems totally pointless right now

I don’t think it does anything extra. It doesn’t even really boost your scoping in all that much

yeah its a totally worthless helix right now, as it literally does NOTHING.

Well not literally nothing. It does increase your zoom(which I kinda wanted tbh) but it’s just so paltry of an increase. Plus it competes with ridiculous lifesteal

Plague Rat adds 25 damage per second to Infection.

Infections only lasts one second.

Double Dose essentially adds another shot if a target is close enough, doing damage again, applying Infection, and I would assume it applies on-hit effects. (Plus, since it arcs to a target by going above their head, it’s highly likely to be a crit, and it will follow them until it hits a wall.)

DD also scales with levels and gear essentially double DPS with two targets while PR’s +25 does not

I know all of that but beas sniper can already pen enemies. What I want to understand is how double d functions in with her already pen shots. Would it hit 2 people lined up before richocheting? Cause if it doesn’t I would prefer the plague rat for easier tagging exp

I would have to think that all enemies hit spawn a ‘second’ shot. If not, then it’s only the first enemy hit.

Again.

Plague Rat.

Does.

Damage.

Edit: Upon testing in the Dojo, it does 50 damage in a really strange radius that doesn’t scale with Attack damage or Skill Damage. (Wasn’t hitting minions right next to the target, but was damaging minions further away.)

Double Dose starts at 50 damage for the second shot, but does have scaling damage with level/Attack damage. It seems to only ever spawn one dart per shot fired, I believe. (Hard to test on the Dojo minions though.) It also applies the wound, I believe, though not the DoT.

Double Dose. Always Double Dose. You get better wave clear and it synergizes extremely well with her life steal.

I

Am

Aware

:stuck_out_tongue:

I am not saying plague rat is straight better or the superior choice but before I have a firm grasp of Double D I am reserved to say that’s it’s just straight better than plague rat. If it hits 2 targets and splits into 2 extra shots it’s definetly way better

Edited my previous post, check for updated statistics.

Alrighty I checked it out. Did you see if Double D was penetrating 2 targets and then richocheting into a third? And the richochet dart does basically half dam of the original with no infection trigger but a wound still? I will note that I personally didn’t see much difficulty infecting a whole wave with plague rat when using it in incursion

I tried, but the minion waves in the Dojo spread out so they’re not in a line, which makes it harder to line them up.

Also hard to tell because the screen in fairly cluttered with stuff, and my sights has to recover from the recoil of the scoped shots, not to mention because the shot penetrated, you can’t judge accurately based on damage, thanks to her DoT that affects all pierced targets.

Ok. Thanks for checking that stuff. Makes me think that the 2 skills (despite the potential inconclusiveness of the testing) seem to be relatively equal to each other with mild differences of performance