Player Character Idea: Male Siren

So far we only know that Sirens are female because that is what is rumored, and what we have encountered. I wanted to make a Male siren character. His powers are grounded in death and destruction. This is my first attempt at making a character.

Mind you this is a bit of an oddball character. The first skill is meant to help one of the Tier 6 skills in the tree, and also make him a handy mule if you need one.

Action Skill: Bind
Description: Whenever a kill is made the player gains a Soul Stack (Maximum=Level*2). When Bind is activated melee damage is increased by 0.2% per stack. Bind consumes 5 stacks per second (though it will round up for the last remaining stacks) and lasts until all stacks are consumed, stacks are not added from kills while Bind is in effect.
Cooldown: 2 minutes

TREE: Invigorate
Tier 1
Skill: Engorge
0/70
Adds 1 item slot per rank to your backpack

Skill: Quicken
0/5
KILL SKILL. When an enemy is killed, player gains +1% movement speed and +1% reload speed per rank. The bonus lasts 5 seconds.

Tier 2
Skill: Consume
0/5
Eridium can be consumed for 10 Soul Stacks per Rank. (These stacks can be added while Bind is in effect)

Skill: Center
0/5
Accuracy is increased by 4% per rank

Tier 3
Skill: Empower
0/5
Cooldown rate is increased by 8% per rank.

Skill: Enlighten
0/1
Soul Stacks are gained based on enemy toughness.
Normal and Enemies 5 levels or below = 1 stack
Badass=2
Super Badass=3
Ultimate Badass=4
Raid Boss and other Bosses=5

Skill: Enrage
0/5
Melee Damage in increased by 0.5% for each Soul Stack.

Tier 4
Skill: Burgeon
0/5
Maximum Soul Stacks are increased by 1 per level per rank, but Bind consumes 1 more stack per second. (Example: At Rank 5, user can have (Level*7) Stacks that degrade at 10 stacks per second)

Tier 5
Skill: Decimate
0/5
Kill Skill: Killing an enemy with a melee attack increases the amount of stacks gained by 0.5 (rounded up). If in Bind these stacks are added to the total number of stacks as though the player was not in Bind.

Tier 6
Skill: Enslave
0/1
After killing a Badass or tougher enemy a “Soul” will appear above where a foe stood for 30 seconds. If a player interacts with it they will be prompted to Enslave it. Enslaving consumes X stacks of Bind (25 stacks per second the button is held, Maximum 150) and creates a “Soul Shard” which can be used in place of a relic. Properties of the relic are based on the creature that was killed, and the rarity. Soul Shards can not be sold, traded, or stored in the Stash, and if dropped disappear.
Rarity is based on stacks consumed:
1-25 - White
26-55 - Green
56-95 - Blue
96-145 - Purple
146-150 - Legendary

Skill: Release
0/5
Dropping a Soul Shard from Inventory allows you to consume it for X% (15*Rank) of the stacks that were used to create it, rounded up. (These stacks can be added while Bind is in effect)

TREE: Withstand
Tier 1
Skill: Recover
0/5
As long as you have 1 Soul Stack you recover 0.3% health per second per rank.

Skill: Recharge
0/5
For each Soul Stack your shield recharge delay is decreased by 0.05% per rank.

Tier 2
Skill: Lifeblood
0/5
While slagged you gain 1 Soul Stack per second per Rank

Skill: Wellspring
0/5
In Fight For your Life you can activate Bind (even if you would otherwise be unable to) to consume all of your Soul Stacks and gain 0.03% of your health per rank per Stack. (Maximum 100%).

Tier 3
Skill: Resist
0/5
While in bind Elemental Damage Over Time (not slag) on you lasts -5% per rank.

Skill: Innoculate
0/1
When you melee an enemy who currently has a Elemental Status effect applied, you gain +20% resistance to that element for 5 seconds.

Skill: Infect
0/5
When you Melee attack an enemy you have a 1.5% chance per rank of coating them in Slag.

Tier 4
Skill: Bolster
0/5
Player gains .015% damage reduction per rank per Soul Stack against all damage types. Being dealt damage removes 1 soul stack per rank.

Tier 5
Skill: Reprise
0/5
When you are dealt damage you gain 2% Melee and Gun Damage per rank for 1 second per rank. (Stackable)

Tier 6
Skill: Elemental Domination
0/1
While in Bind your melee attacks have a 15% chance of applying a random Elemental Effect. (This occurs separately from Infect, Slag and another Effect can me applied at in one hit)

TREE: Sustain
Tier 1
Skill: Reciprocate
0/5
Each time you damage an enemy with a Melee attack while in Bind you create life orbs (1 per rank) which seek out and heal you and your allies for 10% of the damage dealt.

Skill: Energize
0/5
Kill Skill: Killing an enemy creates a blast centered around you with a radius equal to Rank*(Soul Stacks*0.5). You and all allies within the blast recover 1% of your shields per rank.

Tier 2
Skill: Revitalize
0/5
Heal Skill: When you revive or heal an ally or otherwise cause an ally to be healed you gain 1 Soul Stack per rank.

Skill: Amputate
0/5
Weilding a weapon with a melee attachment adds an additional +10% melee damage per rank.

Tier 3
Skill: Reinforce
0/5
Melee attacking an ally grants them 1% damage reduction per rank for 2 seconds per rank.

Skill: Electrify
0/1
Energize now also deals 1 stack of Electrocute damage per Rank in Energize to all Enemies in the blast radius.

Skill: Magnetize
0/5
Kill Skill: When you Kill an enemy while in Bind there is a 10% chance that a singularity will form with a radius equal to your Soul Stacks +(Rank*10%).

Tier 4
Skill: Cripple
0/5
When you melee attack an enemy they become marked for 1 second per rank. While marked they take +10% more damage from all sources.

Tier 5
Skill: Enliven
0/1
While in Bind, melee attacking an ally will instantly revive an ally in Fight For Your Life OR heal an ally for 10% of their health. Using this ability consumes 20 Soul Stacks.

Tier 6
Skill: Temporal Moderation
0/5
While in bind, you and your allies experience time 5% faster per rank. (This is affected by the environment, enemies, bullet speed, animations, etc. slowing down by the %)

2 Likes

Correct me if I’m wrong, but… It seems to me that you have to have at least one stack to even activate your action skill. And then it lasts until your stacks are gone. So now you have to kill a lot of stuff before you can activate it again. 10 kills to keep it running for 10 seconds. The melee buff you get under those circumstances would be an extra 2 %. Not very impressive. And since this looks pretty much as a melee-only-character, he needs to have a really heavy punch to begin with. There is the skill that gives you more stacks for tougher enemies, but I think that killing those enemies would be quite a challenge without your action skill.

I think this character will be quite hard to play at nax level, and i think it will be a nightmare to level up. The lack of gun based skills makes for a character that has to be very hard to kill because you always have to fight within melee range. I don’t see that in this character. If you go up against flying enemies or cars, you’ll have nothing to throw at them, except harsh language.

However… With a bit of rebalancing, and some firepower, it could work. I think the “Enslaved” skill has merit.

But, Duuude… A male siren…:acmbarf: NO THANKS!!! Some things should be kept under lock and key forever. This is one of those things.

1 Like