Player Disconnects: An opportunity

So, I’ve been looking around at the hot fix board as well as other post in this Competitive Multiplayer thread. A common thing I keep seeing is people being frustrated with teammates disconnecting. Don’t get me wrong, I’m not going to say you shouldn’t feel that way. It is frustrating. I understand that. But I wonder if anyone has actually reached out of the player that left (should still be able to access name from score board for their details) to see why they did so.

I’m not saying do it in an insulting way. More of a “Hey, I noticed you disconnected from the match. Anything I can do to help you not do that in the future?”

Of course if it was a network issue, you can’t do anything about it. But if it was something like “oh, well, my favorite character was picked” or “I was just doing too terribly”, those are situations that can be turned around. Recommenced a different character for them to try or invite them to a party and play with them. Let them know if they are doing badly there is someone there with them to help. It is a team game after all.

And yes, I know there will be some that are just trolling and feeding or what-have-you, that’s what the reporting feature is for.

This might be a pipe dream type of idea, but a game can only grow well if the players make the community welcoming for all.