Players InstaKilling enemies without firing weapons or anything

There is something that is bugging me. Lately when I have been playing borderlands 2 on my switch, I’ve had the occasional person jump in to my session, and seemingly killing every enemy around me without even firing their weapon once. I think that’s what is called Instakill? I mean every enemy is instantly dead. Not a single bullet is fired or ability used. I’m trying to figure out how that is possible. Is it a glitch in a game for the switch version? Or is this a glitch that has always been around? Can someone help me?

1 Like

probably the instakill command on the switch. pause to the menu then press L R L R, something like that.

i read before that those are developer commands that was not removed from the game. I thought they already patch those things, make sure your game have the current version.

Sorry to hear that you’ve had to put up with that. Stuff like that makes me wonder why some people even bother playing the game at all. If Switch lets you do this, I’d kick and block them.

1 Like

One of the many reasons I never play co-op. Too many bad experiences in Quake Arena soured me on ever opening the door.
Though this one seems squarely Gearbox’s fault, the left the lrlr insta-kill debug command in the Switch release and haven’t bothered to remove it in subsequent patches.
Lazy on their part

1 Like