Hi everyone! This is my first post on the forums but I was hoping that someone with experience can clarify a few things for me. I have perused the site and looked for the answers to all of my questions but I have a few more.
First, The Situation:
- I do not have PS+. I’m not going to get PS+.
- My Wife and I play Battleborn splitscreen / couch co-op. We play almost every night lately. We’ve been working on unlocking the 5 DLC chars (the long way… 2 down, 3 to go…)
- We play Private Story & Private Versus
Second, What I do Know:
- Obviously, you can play the game split-screen without PS+
- As I understand, we CANNOT play the Operations DLCs unless we BOTH purchase each of them or BOTH purchase a Season Pass. Which is really kind of terrible and means that unless they put it on sale then unfortunately we will never get to play them.
- Versus Private does not grant any Lore in any way. Nor does it count for quests / dailies / titles.
Third, What I Don’t Know:
- Is there ANY way for us to unlock some of that PVP-only lore without PS+? Or to complete any of the PVP-only quests/dailies? I know that Bots Battle grants (some) of them but it looks like I would need PS+ to access that.
- IF the season pass went on sale to a degree that made it worth it for us each to purchase a copy, would we be able to play the Operations without issue without PS+?
Fourth, Speculative (may not have an answer):
- If the game did eventually go F2P, do you think they would drop the requirement to have PS+?
I would absolutely love it if someone with experience could sound off on this. I’ve seen a lot of back and forthing on various parts of the whole thing but I would love to hear from someone who has first-hand knowledge. (Not to diminish everyone else. I’ve been lurking and know that you are all incredibly eagre to help.)
Also, maybe tonight when I get home I will post some of my wife’s BB fanart