Please Help! I have put a good amount of time into this game, but now i am unable to progress any further due to one area in particular

Hello! I am currently on the mission hammerlocked on Eden-6. My first time playing through i was able to enter and play around the part of the map titled The Anvil, just fine. While i was in the anvil, right after i had met Tina, i saved then quit. Then the next day, i started the game up, it started just fine. It was only until after i clicked continue in the main menu that i realized something was wrong. After the loading screen, I was able to hear the in game audio, and i was able to see my HUD. But thats it. Everything else was blacked out, and frozen. I can play the game normally everywhere else, but for whatever reason when i try to enter the Anvil, this always happens. I’ve tried joining other peoples games, saving in different areas, playing other missions, I’ve also tried verifying it through the epic games launcher, and i’ve re installed it multiple times. Nothing is working. So now because the story mission i have to complete needs me to go to the anvil, i am unable to progress any further. I’ve tried contacting gearbox every way i can but i have gotten no replies. PLEASE can somebody help me??? This is my favorite game franchise of all time, and i don’t want to think i just wasted $60.

sounds like you got corrupted shader cache. Are you on DX11 or DX12 ? If you are on DX11, switch to DX12. Make sure you wait the appropriate amount of time while claptrap i dancing. Try again. After, try to go back to DX11 and see if your problem has been resolved.

Ok, how do i do that? I’m not sure which one i am on

I found it, and it says I am using DX11

When I have it on DX12 the game just crashes whenever I try to open it. Switching it back to DX11 I still have the same problem of freezing when entering The Anvil

Are you on Windows 10 1903 ?

1 Like

I’m updating to that version right now

What should I do after it’s downloaded?