Please prevent stacking attack speed on gear

This is annoying now but all phoebe and rath do is stack attack speed to insane percentages for example with phoebe with a mixture of helix and 1 legendary with attack speed on melee hit and on melee crit she can nearly obtain 45% attack speed >.>

Currently gear need a massive rebalance should have 3 slots but can only slot certain gears into ur load out

For example the gear alots should be offense, defence, ultility

Offence gears stats

Crit damage
Attack speed
Attack damage
Skill damage

Defence gear stats

Shield recharge
Max shield
Max health
Life regeneration
Healing recieved

Ultility gear stats

Healing power
Shield delay
Movement speed
Sprint speed
Cooldown reduction

Currently as the gear stands now its very unbalance and promoting stacking a single stat and with certain characters it scales too damn good which turn them overpowered and ripping faces

With phoebe all u need is this 3 gears to obtain near 45% attack speed

Vow of zelout fury or stolen edge of araconor

Vow of vengence

Vibro gore module or boots of brute

= Near 45% attack speed with her attack speed helix option turning her into a monster… u can also obtain this without having legendaries aswell just look for on melee hit and crit which yields attack speed example i have an “aelfrin warblade” which gives me 10% attack speed and 5% attack speed on melee hit, then i got a “optical implant” which gives crit damage and on melee hit gives 5% attack speed, then “shield breaker” with shield pen and on melee hit give 5% attack speed

The gear options needs to be rebalance entirely

I think that every stat should have a max % that can go up using gear.

I have 2 legendaries on Miko which give me more healing %. One of them does 6%(Reyna’s legendary. Xp) and the other has like 6.30%. I have a rare gear that gives me 13% healing power, and after surviving for 180 seconds, 7% is added to that. I will end with about 33% healing power…

Holy â– â– â– â– !

1 Like

No, please don’t, the gear is part of the fun of this game, all characters can equip gear that lets them become very powerful. Also the gear you mentioned cost a lot of shards so early game they aren’t buying buildables, use that to your advantage.
You can also find gear that works for your character as well to make them just as powerful.

3 Likes

They do have a max stat that all gear can alter, the gear all have the same max percent they can add to a stat. Just because the player built the gear around improving the character to the best of their ability doesn’t mean some one else can’t do the same for a different character.

1 Like

It may seem ridiculous but that is what balances it - they are going all in on one stat and foregoing more defensive options a.k.a. glass cannon. For some this works better than others but it is fairly constructed.

For instance Blissbeast gives me 11% damage reduction and movement speed, GoGo juice gives me nearly 4% cooldown and 40% sprint speed, Symbiotic Gauntlet about 20% attack damage at full life in one item, etc. There are lots of good options depending on which trait you need most.

1 Like

They’ve already done this to an extent by only allowing one of each item. Gear is fine the way it is.

Every character in the game is strong in the right hands and with the right gear. Find one that works for you and do the same thing.

2 Likes

No…
Just… No.

3 Likes

This may be a little bit off topic, but how did you get GoGo juice?

You can get it from loot packs, it doesn’t drop from bosses. You can get it from the epic or rogue packs.

This should help you out, he explains loot packs and the pool of legendaries you can get from each pack.

What a non issue you chose to complain about. I love how you combine the helix option in with your complaint to make it sound more legitimate “OMG SHE CAN GET 45% ATTACK SPEED SO OP”

It’s attack speed gear, everyone can use it, it’s part of customizing your character, it’s part of the game just like it should be.

Do you see me bitching about ranged characters stacking reload speed? Tanks stacking maximum health? No because it’s a non issue and part of the game, an intentional part of the game.

No you don’t, stop lying. If you have an Aelfrin Warblade with a secondary, it’s max health. The options for secondaries on + AS primary are +health, +shield, critical damage or movement speed.

You’re not even doing it right, this is how you do it;

Low crystal costs and effectively +21% (+41%) attack speed. Also can we take a second to appreciate how perfect this perfectly rolled gear set is? It’s beautiful isn’t it?

Hell, if you really want, add this in to replace the white, personally I don’t think it’s worth the crystals though. It will effectively give you 26.6% (46.6%) at the start of an engagement.

Also, if we are being accurate here and want to QQ to maximum effectiveness, we can take it up to the max of +30.7% (50.7%) attack speed with this beauty, which again, not really worth the crystals.

To all the phoebes, please use this to serve as a guide in order to make it easier to use the OP as a pin cushion.

4 Likes

There IS actually a problem with stacking too much attack speed imo, but not with the characters the OP talked about. Stacking AS makes Deande’s Uppercut mutation ridiculous, and it scales too much with Alani’s various abilities. More attack speed for her will give more heal, more single damage, and lower cooldown on everything so more crowd control, and more AoE damage. That’s… A bit ridiculous when you can stack AS that way.

1 Like

Yea if you;re going to bitch about anything, something like this would be it. The only thing phoebe gains is damage, and a little speed/dodge from true-strike lunge.

If we are seriously bitching about stacking damage with gear, then we might as well remove all the gear.

2 Likes

I won’t disagree that attack speed is very strong on Alani, but that’s an issue with character design, not gear, IMO.

You can still stack attack speed with your proposed setup.
She would still be around +35% attack speed.

Next someones going to complain about stacking skill damage on characters like Orendi or Healing on support characters.
How about max health on tanks or damage reduction.

Honestly thats not even optimised, given lucky legendaries it can get extremly worse. Phoebe with Vow of Vengeance/Boots of the Brute is brutal but so is all other melees with similar builds.

I would disagree with dividing the gear slots. I think that the current system allows for people to build towards noticeable stat increases while preventing 3 of the same item. Limiting players to separate offense, defense, utility slots would lead to gear feeling underwhelming as it would provide relatively low stat increases in 3 different areas rather a substantial increase in one area. This would make a lot of the cheaper gear underwhelming as they tend to have lower stats such as 5-10% increase with another 5% minor increase in some situations.

I think that the current system allows for stat stacking but the stacking in itself is not a problem when everyone can do so and only adds damage. If anything there is a bigger problem with some characters mechanics and certain stats such as attack speed.

Zefyris provides some good examples where this happens.

^ This.
Most of the potential problems are due to characters mechanics effected by stats rather that Gear stacking itself.

Thanks!

Duuuude nice gear. I use the fist and ability damage, but their stats are no maxed like that lol

Seems pretty easy to just put a max cap on each stat +30% Attack Speed, +500 HP, +25% attack damage … etc etc etc.

(Of course, those numbers are just random examples at the moment.)

This would fix the AS issue from this thread, and other potential issues, like stacking Vigilance Link.

1 Like

Vigilance link is a unique buff and is a separate issue (and should simply not stack with itself, IMO).

If attack speed is causing issues with a couple of characters, those characters should be adjusted, not run the entire gear system into the ground.