Please Remove Pendles

His stealth is not unlimited…it is in fact VERY BERRY limited. If you cannot see him then he is effectively useless…like a real snake. Until he strikes…you don’t even need to worry about him. When someone on a pvp team is playing pendles then they are basically taking a slot from your team which could be filled with utility, heals, support, stable dps, tank, etc. Pendles is a one trick pony and that trick got really played out by week two…play him, learn him, counter him like every other toon in the game. None are immortal or invincible.

4 Likes

I don’t see how. He has no real damage. Injection is nothing special. Killing buildables is balanced by the lack of presence on the field. The best Pendles are rarely in stealth. 25% CC reduction is not that great, especially when compared to someone like Ambra’s. His smoke bomb is on high cooldown, especially compared to Ambra, with two reveals, Marquis, with super reveals, Orendi, with constant reveals, Reyna, Whiskey Foxtrot, and Toby, who can reveal constantly. That’s roughly a fourth of the cast with reveals. Pendles is balanced because all he has is stealth, while OM has the easiest and arguably best wave clear in the game, an amazing ult, and a great gun. Pendles is melee. A slow melee. With an ult that basically ruins his stealth and is nothing to write home about. Also… have you tried him? He’s not even particularly fun to play.

3 Likes

Yeah, it is unlimited. Like, literally limitless. And yeah, he can’t do anything while stealthed, except steal all of your shards and get to your buildables to destroy them without risking anything.

And of course you need to worry about him. You need to worry about him at all times, because he can go anywhere and do anything he wants most of the time with no risk. Even when he does attack, he can easily just attack and then stealth again no problem if anything goes wrong. Even if you stun him, he’s got that nice talent of reduced CC duration.

@epicender584 How can you not see it? He has literally unlimited invisibility with another skill to grant him invisibility in case he ever puts himself at risk. This game has very few characters who can reveal, most of them have cooldowns, all of them have to be specced into, and two that are on subpar characters. It’s obvious that the game wasn’t made to be able to deal with unlimited stealth.

I believe Pain’s point was that he can’t do anything in his stealth, and you can easily spot him with a good eye. I just listed a 4th of the characters, which is a decent amount. His stealth has a cooldown in action. And saying that two are on subpar characters is unrelated, as they can still trash him. But why is unlimited stealth so bad? What can he really do with it? Surprise with a kill? I just turn around, quick melee and they leave, their kill gone. I never stay around with low health, as I’m asking to die. I just don’t get why unlimited stealth is such a big deal.

That last line.
They literally made the game. They spent the time making him fit into it. It was made to deal with it. Or, more properly, he was made to be able to deal as well as he should be. Or do you claim better knowledge than the developers?
EDIT: Furthermore, even if he is as OP as you say (which is an opinion no one here has agreed with), people would riot if he was removed. Credits gone, season pass not following through, meta switched back and forth. This request is not viable.

1 Like

You are asking for Pendles to be removed because of his invisibility. Meanwhile, this thread pops up:

I am now suffering from some degree of cognitive dissonance!

4 Likes

The way I see it, he’s just infuriating. Not OP, just super annoying. I just realized that although Marquis was nerfed, he was also buffed cuz of Pendles. And then nerfed because of his bubble no longer slowing attack speed. Isn’t meta fun?

You are absolutely right. Not to forget the number of characters that have silence and Stuns to keep him from going back stealth. Maybe troll thread?

1 Like

Yeah, I know that he can’t do anything while stealthed. The point is that it facilitates him doing whatever he wants whenever he wants, and is then there for him to get away whenever he wants, too.

And no, you can’t easily spot him. Or rather, you can’t really do anything if you do. Character animations and everything else going on in the game is enough for him to get lost, especially considering his obscene move speed.

Only a few of the characters listed actually reveal with their revealing abilities. Most of them just put a red outline around the character that only they can see while still allowing him to remain invisible and have his move speed bonus, while the rest require you to save your skill to use on him specifically and then land it on him while he’s invisible with insane move speed.

I think it’s absolutely hilarious how much trouble you people have with Pendles

1 Like

I’m positive that it’s posted by somebody who’s using his L1 offensively. Otherwise you have unlimited invisibility until they land a reveal, and then a skill to just turn it back on if they do manage to hit you. Or, if you don’t feel like using it, just step out of site again. The reveal is instantaneous, not a debuff, so if you break line of site again you’re invisible again. Most (all?) of the skills that reveal either propel you or the enemy in a different direction, other than sunspot, which is a stationary skill that’s not likely to reveal the enemy while you’re near them and able to capitalize on it.

Remove Miko as well. He isn’t balanced because barely any characters can heal others. In fact, remove every character. None of them are balanced because I’ve been killed by each of them at least once. I don’t like that and, as we all know, MY opinion and what I want is the only thing that matters.

1 Like

Healing is countered by damage, and now has its own special counter debuff that usually doesn’t have to be specced into to counter.

Also, it’s neat how you aren’t willing to actually argue against any of the points being made.

If the totality of your argument here, is as you have presented, then I and a few others stand in disagreement of you. Obviously you won’t be swayed from your opinion…the character won’t be removed, he will be modified over and over as the game evolves. I’m very sure those modifications won’t include removing him OR his ability to stealth from the game. I believe your petition to have him removed is a fruitless endeavor and honestly find the points your trying to make a group of moot ones.

2 Likes

Pendles is overpowered, for sure. I played him over the weekend to do all his lore. After two or three games of messing with him I really got the hang of him. After the first game with him I was killing Battleborn left and right. I would capture points and hold them for two minutes, just circling the pad while the enemy tried to blindly fire at me. Incredibly fun to play as, but I know that it was annoying to the other team.

They will definitely nerf him soon, but take him out of the game entirely?! Nah! Alani was overpowered at first. I wouldn’t be surprised if Ernest is either over or under powered at first. Gearbox relies heavily on community feedback, so how can they be expected to release a character and have it be absolutely balanced? They can do all the in house testing they want, but the real test is how they do once released.

1 Like

Guys, his invisiblob isn’t hard to spot. If you’ve ever played Pendles (or any assassin character) you should be able to somewhat predict where he will be at any given time. That’s what I do, and I have absolutely no problem with him. Sure, I’ve come across good ones, but that literally goes for every Battleborn in the game

Please remember to keep the discussion friendly and condescension-free.

2 Likes

You forget that invisibility in this game is just a Predator Cloak. Anyone who’s been playing long enough can see him clear as day.

Also, where were you when Alani was overpowered? If he really is unbalanced (which he’s NOT) they’ll patch him next week. If they don’t, I don’t want to see ONE more Pendles is OP thread. He’s not. He’s got no health, no damage, and no wave clear potential. He’s just sneaky, and annoying at most.

3 Likes

In capture he’s very strong, as he’s bad with minions. But he really can’t 100 to 0 someone, just finish a weak player.
EDIT to expand cuz my dog won’t let me sleep: he doesn’t necessarily earn his kills. He’s just the janitor. If you get killed by him, it’s because you were almost dead already, and a Deande could have followed you just as he did.

2 Likes

THAT is an incredible point. He’s an assassin who specializes in killing retreating characters. His level 10 helix even increases damage to enemies under 50% health while Miasma is active.

Bravo. Why the HELL didn’t I think of this?

1 Like