Pls communicate more with us Gearbox

Jeah buds,
im a fan of the Borderlands universe although the latest instalment wasnt for my tastebuds i enjoy the lootin and shootin.
I´m really concerned about this games health in a long term and here comes the thing that makes me worrysome.

You know in the last couple of years there is this trend from big publishers that they release a game that is not even finished just to finish it post release.
This turns out one way or another it can turn out like Fallout 76 or even worse like Anthem.
I kinda put Borderlands in this cat of games.
There would be things to really save this game and give it really replayability and the ideas are here in the forums and i guess youtube and redit BUT i think just cause here and there is a solution we all might enjoy and like i think non of that can work with this HUGE LACK OF COMMUNICATION.

Listen folks im not saying gearbox should communicate just more its the way you approach the gamer as a company. With mayhem 2.0 just arround the corner something that could change this game to a better we really have no information ecept Big Bobble Heads and the Floor is Lava .
As a Publisher you should concider to show those things before you make a EPIC mistake. If we can see what mayhem 2.0 looks like then we can say yay or nay and this feedback would be worth a lot cause then you can decide based on that feedback if you give it more time or not .
Borderlands 3 was rushed by Gearbox i wont trust anymore as a consumer.
I think Mayhem 2.0 sounds great but what is it really like?
Well the thing is the way Gearbox goes is like yeah our fans are talking this and that should be in the game and they might be right but you need to at least show us what you have been working on in order to get feedback and refine the things before the things end up in a mess.

In the end Gearbox could feel really frustrated cause they did not manage to save this game they couldnt get theyr playerbase back even tho they did everything like the fans wanted it to be. Well the thing is a theory craft is that its aint a finished product and it could be even not that well thought out wich is fine that happens but we need to adress those things before they go public cause public is where the backlash is the strongest.

Last words.
Gearbox please please please, i beg you include us more dont just drop stuff and expect it to be what we wanted cause this might upset a lot of people. The way to go is to really present us the things you work on and give us access to it.
I am really looking forward to Mayhem 2.0 and thats cause it determins for me the future of this game.
Will it be forgotten just by next month already or is it a game changer that makes me wanna thrive trough the borderverse even more and for years to come.

Pls make this public there is a lot of publishers that mess up atm. and they try to fix the game post lunch i think its a no go and it shows the cash grab industry is shamlessly using nostalgia and transform it into poop.
Gamers stand up for ur right for good games.

1 Like

Unless they do some drastic overhauls I don’t see this game lasting past the release of the AAA titles that are set to come out this year.
It has made it this far due to a ravenous fan base that they are slowly widdling away at with all the inconsistencies. You spend time on builds and gear just to find out that they don’t work?! No testing or bare minimum at best.
Personally, as soon as those titles are released I may never return to this franchise until they get it right.
P. S. Micro transactions are coming. RP referenced it at their last announcement event. “we’ve held off as long as we can” kinda taking credit for not doing it yet.

i bet its hard to always filter out the actual relevant “informations” from a forum
but about some topics, they people here are pretty agreed
and when the whole community says “this is bad”, you should really do something about it xD

1 Like

They recently released a roadmap, teased concept art of DLC3, and have ongoing support through March around the release of DLC2.

We’ve gotten a lot of information. I’m sure info on Mayhem 2.0 is coming, and worst case scenario, you wait a few weeks (or less than that) and find out for yourself.

A lot of this thread seems to be rather nicely-worded doomsaying about the game dying, which is premature, imo.

7 Likes

I certainly agree with the OP that communication has been rather poor in certain aspects. I know for certain since January at the least (probably much earlier), people have been asking for more details in the patch notes (how much is “increased the damage”? 40%? 80%?), and this was the response

If you ask me, it’s kind of silly that we can’t get something as basic as the percentage GB increased or decreased a number by in a hotfix that is already live. I can’t speak for every game on the planet, but for the ones I play (Dungeon Fighter Online, Warframe, Last Epoch, Honkai Impact) the patch notes will generally tell you in much greater detail what is being fixed, and will definitely included percentages once the patch/hotfix goes live. I don’t get why we can’t even get basic information like this when

1. Testing in this game is more difficult that previous titles because the target dummy has its own share of quirks that make it impossible to test certain things on it. You need to use Kevin and a vehicle for kill skills, or you need to do field testing which makes it more difficult to control variables.
  2. There have been several undocumented changes in the hotfixes, so the need to frequently test things is much higher than previous titles.

Gearbox just seems to be tight lipped about basic things, and I can’t for the life of me figure out why. We’re going to test things anyway and find out within minutes of the patch going live, so what difference does it make whether they tell us or we find out on our own? How are we supposed to know if things (take the Lob for example) are working as intended if they don’t tell us what they intended?

2 Likes

Yeah. I don’t expect them to respond to every concern like an Indie dev, heck I don’t expect that from Indie devs, but I am concerned with how little they are willing to share outside of marketing the new events.

I don’t expect them not to do that, but there has been near radio silence on certain issues that are of extreme importance to many players, and now that the Steam version is out I seriously wonder how long we can realistically hold out hope for those fixes.

1 Like

well, fixes are sometimes just a matter of time
and game design questions are not necessarily something, the consumers should be asked about
but there are exceptions
there are several posts about the complete irrelevance of “force feedback”
concerns about balancing between the characters etc.
now when you dont communicate, things like the new moze COM happen
its clearly not what people asked about when they said, she is missing sustain

2 Likes

Heck, I wasn’t even thinking of balance, just vertical split for the thousands of people who have been asking for it since September. Fixes may be a matter of time, but how long should people be willing to wait? 6 months is a long time…

Anyway, I really hope GB takes some more inspiration from the way Digital Extremes (Warframe devs) handle communications. They don’t tell players everything, but they do lay out clearly what they expect to accomplish within a given time frame and keep multiple channels open for frequent communication. I think GB could benefit from making themselves more available for questions. The borderlands show is a great start, just leave some time in it for Q&A and somehow show or tell us the progress they’re making towards fixing common complaints, or if the have the intention or bandwidth to tackle those issues.

1 Like

I’d imagine they don’t give actual numbers so they can continue to tweak things for a little while. I’ve seen so many people say they’ve logged back onto BL3, checked their gear and seen that the numbers have changed without any announced hotfixes.
If they said “we’re increasing maggie damage by 10%” and then they decide to nerf it back to 8% instead, they’d have to announce that. Whereas if they just said “we’re increasing maggie damage” and bump it up 10%, they’ll get fewer complaints when they push it back down to 8%.
Maybe I’m being cynical but I suspect gearbox avoids putting numbers on their stuff A LOT because they expect to have to play around with it, in order to get things right. They should have locked things down, given exact details, and informed players every time they make any little change.

4 Likes

I understand the reasoning, but hate it all the same. In any other game, they would either do a one and done, or just come out and say “we didn’t like how this turned out we’re changing it”.

1 Like

I understand specific concerns (particularly around damage numbers, I’m really not sure why they’re tight-lipped about that), but the OP was far more generic than that in their complaints. That’s the problem with threads that bury some reasonable criticism in amongst a morass of . . . well, everything else. I dislike it, that’s all.

1 Like

I just want the UI fixed or a little better quality on console…thats all, PLEASE!!!

2 Likes

The game has also been released for just 6 months now. Players seem to think it’s already been out for years as if all 4 dlc are already out and GB has nothing more to give.

IMHO the current state of game is a lot better than launch and the game will only keep on improving. Haters will keep on hating but BL3 isn’t as bad as players make it out to be.

4 Likes

What the ever loving crap is that thing? Won’t spoil it for anyone else in here … but what in gods name is GBX thinking with that? I … wow … I can’t even right now…

1 Like

i mean, its not a bad idea in general
i was suggesting this for her skilltree long time ago
i would fit into BM
but as a COM, only a very small part of the playerbase will be able to use it for their builds and it doesnt help at all with the problem that she doesnt have enough sustain
her skilltrees have to be reworked

1 Like

My guess would be that some of the changes are not finalized when noelle gets the information, so instead she just gets the list of weapons and what they’re looking at specifically about them. I remember back when they buffed the lob, hotfix said it DoT damage were greatly increased and nothing else, then a couple of hours later a second hotfix went live which boosted the base damage by 900%. That was an undocumented change.

2 Likes

It is certainly something she needs, but not as a MOD. There’s a whole thread over in the spoilers section on this already, so I won’t derail this thread discussing the pros or cons here.

But this makes the point of the OP. This is not what we were asking for. Any kind of communication from the dev’s would have put a stop to something like this becoming a thing to begin with.

1 Like

thats what i wanted to say :smiley:
im very active is this thread xD

If they communicated more and gave us more information they wouldn’t be able to go back and say that it wasn’t intended. Most of the problems are due to lack of testing.

2 Likes

That’s not a good thing though, undocumented changes to the game are frustrating to deal with, since we have no idea whether the change is an unintentional bug due to a previous hotfix (a reasonable assumption) or an intended change that they, for some reason, sneaked in with no forewarning and no revision to the patch notes.

2 Likes