Political Discussion Thread

Points that were debated, alongside the merits of Tim Hortons.

3 Likes

The mandatory Ontario high school history course spends a LOT of time on Canada’s role in WW1 and the whole “founding of a national identity” thing. And I mean, a LOT.

Locally, Canadian contributions in Korea are also kind of a big deal. I suspect the Maritimes would have their own focus too. (Actually, I know they do because I’ve been to the Maritime Museum in Halifax)

Tim’s merits died when the company was bought out by a US firm. They are not the same. Although the steeped tea is a welcome change from the usual ‘bag in a cup’ nonsense.

2 Likes

arrives at drive-through window
“Can I get BLT, a double double and a Bavarian cream?”
“grcuyvzpt”
receives chicken salad but only on half the bun, no drink and a cruller

2 Likes

I didn’t realise there was a large Ukrainian Canadian presence on Vancouver Island?

2 Likes

They’re here at Trump’s behest to dig up dirt on Harry and Meghan when they move to North Saanich.

1 Like

Ah! So that’s who Murdoch is getting to do his N. American dirty work these days…

(Also noted is the skill with which you brought this back on topic!)

1 Like

And to think you Canuck sombitches thought you’d get away with the events of 1812-1814. Surprise! WE’RE GETTING YOU BASTARDS WHERE IT HURTS.

Next, we come for your damn syrup.

5 Likes

They will defend the syrup with their lives!

0931804a8e4d2336f3038cb4e5d5a33b

6 Likes

No need. Our maple syrup, branded freedom syrup if I’m not mistaken (I am), comes from the land of hippy ice cream, aka Vermont. :wink:

7 Likes

“The Canadian province of Quebec is by far the largest producer, responsible for 70 percent of the world’s output“

If you’re going to invade…Just sayin :stuck_out_tongue:

4 Likes

Ob:

6 Likes

@Dr_Do-Little you’ve been sold out by your fellow countryman. Gird your borders, Murica is coming for your sweet sweet tree blood. :wink:

Even my Vermontian Freedom syrup is partially Canadian. For shame, Wellsley Farms. For shame.

5 Likes

Dials 1-800-934-1204
Q : are you commie traitors? Trying to destroy our great American corporate agriculture with your hippie organics and your outsourcing?

5 Likes

Well? What did they say?? ARE THEY COMMIE FILTH?

4 Likes

Maple syrup jokes incoming.

https://upjoke.com/maple-syrup-jokes

3 favorites you ask? You didn’t? Here they are anyway. :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes:

Shall we stay off the rails, or get Amtrak to look into this derailment?

4 Likes

There is something amusing in this American way of expecting a straightforward answer to a straightforward question…

What would they say?
Of course, comrade! Want some vodka? Na Zdorovie!

4 Likes

4 Likes

Nyet?

That’s when I respond with, “Lies! Filthy commie maple syrup slurping LIIIIIIIES!”

3 Likes

Looks like Florida Man just went ■■■■■■■■■■■■■ nuts.

A construction worker with anti-government beliefs is accused of fatally stabbing his boss… Alright, with him on the anti-gubmint bit, buuuuut not so much on the jobsite murder thing. That’s usually frowned upon by OSHA among several other agencies.

According to the [arrest] affidavit, Toney [the killer] is very outspoken about his beliefs and has said the government is out to get him. Well, has anyone looked into that, perhaps, the gubmint is ACTUALLY out to get him?

Be all of the above as it may, I’m unsure what the murderer’s anti-gubmint views have to do with him being a ■■■■■■■ KILLER. I mean, I’m pretty anti-gubmint - mostly because it is run by corrupt politicians - but I have absolutely zero desire to harm, much less murder, anyone.

4 Likes

I’ll be honest, I have no idea where my maple syrup comes from, I get it from a bulk store. I am still annoyed that switching away from Grade B labeling raised the price though. I always found it funny that the darker syrup was considered inferior here due to letter grading.

3 Likes