[Poll] Favourite DLC

Not sure if this has been done before, at least I couldn’t find it. So… what’s your favourite DLC? Without any specifics like best story, best soundtrack, best loot etc. (this can be discussed below), just as broadly as possible: which one do you enjoy/like most overall?

• Handsome Jackpot
  • Guns, Love and Tentacles
  • Bounty of Blood

0 voters

And then, let’s include events that came with a dedicated map. Which one is your favourite now?

• Handsome Jackpot
  • Guns, Love and Tentacles
  • Bounty of Blood
  • Halloween/Heck
  • Revenge of the Cartels

0 voters

I’m really interested how this will turn out. Please vote and discuss.

2 Likes

Gameplay and story, so far Jackpot has been my fav DLC. But can we take a second to appreciate the voyage that CL4P-TP took to bring us the Pearl Of Ineffable Knowledge in GL&T?

4 Likes

Jackpot felt like the most “Borderlandsy” DLC…it was a nostalgia trip to the Pre Sequel.

2 Likes

The Handsome Jackpot brought loaders back, as in, fully-armored enemies where I can really bare my corrosive teeth in combat.

2 Likes

Jackpot for both. Best story and setting, but the cartel map and music was awesome!

2 Likes

For me that’s easy. Hands down the Jackpot. I like the other two but I think DLC1 was the best all around DLC. The level design. The missions. I have also found that there is something oddly satisfying when I bust those slot machines for cash. You can build up your cash stockpiles quite fast as well when running through there. Useful for buying new SDUs.

mOXXI DLC by milles.

For me, it’s Guns, Love and Tentacles, and it’s actually become my favorite campaign DLC in the series.

I loved the enemy design and mechanics (wolvens, the Bonded, krich and even the Frostbiters were intriguing, despite being COV reskins), the level design and map aesthetics (the Cankerwood is one of the best looking maps in the franchise, in my opinion) and also all the Lovecraftian inspirations and references (despite being part of BL3, I think they were handled quite well, almost never going in an excessively goofy direction).

Xylourgos is really beautiful, each map feels consistent but distinct (unlike on Eden-6, for example). It also felt plausibly lived in, with all the fish nets, the posters inside the Lodge or the paintings inside the Archives. I wish I could see more of it!

It also had the best new NPC cast across the board compared to the others (Eista, Mancubus and Burton), while still featuring previous characters in (more or less) meaningful ways (Hammerlock, Wainwright, Claptrap, Gaige and Deathtrap).

The antagonists were good enough, as was the music.

It also had a lot of attention to detail: turrets built by Frostbiter tinks have a unique model compared to the base game, creature head trophies inside the Lodge respect their actual size, the joke-telling fish were hysterical and all the variety and personality shown by all lootable objects were STELLAR. There isn’t a time in which I open a Bonded red chest (the red, tentacled ones that almost look alive) without carefully listening and looking at its beautiful animations.

The weak aspect, in my opinion, are actually the guns (which was to be expected, since it was developed by Gearbox’s Quebec studio, the same that made Fight For Sanctuary). Apart from a few gems (like the 7th Sense) they are either unbalanced or shameless copycats of main game items.

8 Likes

Guns, Love, and Tentacles for both for me. The aesthetic and story of it wins out for me.

3 Likes

GLT 9, Jackpot 8, Blood 6

As a single map the Cartels is great. Mancubus’ Lodge is more interesting in both story and looks but lacks explosion opportunities.

1 Like

I like all the DLCs released until now, but for me Bounty of Blood wins by a slight margin on the gameplay, story and setting aspects, just because of how genius of an idea the “Wild East” is, mixing cowboys with japanese culture not only on the locations but also within the music, which coupled with the new features like the teleport machines and the unique tone of the storytelling make it just above average!

2 Likes