[POLL] Mayhem 2.0 modifiers

Simple and straight question: Do you like the new Mayhem 2.0 modifiers?

• I like them.
  • I like most of them.
  • I like only few of them.
  • I don’t like them.

0 voters

2 Likes

I dont have problems with it except for very hard modifiers, not a lot of choices so i stick with holy crit.

2 Likes

Sorry, I’ve edited the poll last minute.

I don’t like them. Some of them are not so invasive as others so I have the lower harm, but if could be possible to turn them off that’s what I would do in first place.

I’m playing mostly with Amara right now, so my modifiers are: Slayer, Healy Avenger, Chain Gang and Daze and Infused(?, the one with random element immunity).
I was using Invincible Drone earlier, but it slows my flow and overall pace so I changed that. No FFYL is good too, but only outside of Takedown. Post Mortem would be decent if Death has less health.

1 Like

Mayhem 2.0 is definitly an improvement compared to Mayhem 1.0.
We went from simple number changes like +70% elemental Damage or + 45% actionskilldamage to true modifiers like big heads, Floor is Lava, etc.

I don’t see Mayhem modifiers part of the Problems this game has in it’s current state. It’s more likely balance issues and drop rates for dedicated loot.

4 Likes

I think things like big heads are a bit of a strange design decision. If you get to activate Mayhem mode, that means you’ve already completed the game. So why would you want a modifier that makes it easier? Seems a weird concept to me.

I’m OK with the modifiers that are relatively unobtrusive. Things like Mob Mentality basically just make enemies a bit tougher, so that’s OK. The Floor is Lava and Pool Party are just too jarring and break up the gameplay too much for me. With the former, I can end up getting burned in the time it takes for me to melee an anointed statue, while with the latter I often have to wait while the effect clears before I can pass an area safely, which slows things down and adds a level of boredom I don’t need.

I don’t like the ones that virtually eliminate elemental damage, either. Takes you out of the game too much when a weapon that was previously strong becomes next to useless. There are a few more like that but the bottom line is I tend to stick to the same four modifiers for all my characters and have chosen ones which are as unobtrusive as possible. Also means I’m very reluctant to change Mayhem level as it’s currently too much of a faff re-rolling constantly in the hope of getting something vaguely tolerable

4 Likes

I don’t like those who eliminate parts of the game. Immunities + no ffyl. I don’t like the buddies etc not being targeted by automated systems, like pets and ricochets. Yet, I like those being second wind sources. I don’t like those having no drawbacks or no advantages. Every modification should have you aiming for an adapted playstyle for a boost and punish you for not doing so. In my opinion, that is.
It would be a clever change and would make modifiers be a build changer or enabler.

1 Like

I like most of them, however there are some that I think simply aren’t reasonable. Like, noone would ever go with “Not in the face!” if you can just re-roll anytime you want, because it cripples your damage output which you can’t afford with how extreme the health scaling gets.
Then there’s also some that don’t work properly, Buddy System drones can end up in walls, making enemies unkillable and there are some that basically just crash the game.

2 Likes

I mainly use dazed and infused across most of my toons as my main zane is largely kinetic now and both amara and flak have multiple elements active at once so it’s largely irrelevant to me.

1 Like

I am fine with most of them, though some need bug fixing and tweaking

easy modifier: they are here to help with your build and they are ok

medium modifier:
floor is lava needs tweaking as there are various problems: it is registering end of fight very slowly
breaking dead anointed ,ib exit, revive etc…

hard modifier:
-chain gang and pool party are bugged and trigger with dead petrified anointed
-laser flare is kind of bugged too as the flare fequently spawn in mid air

very hard:
buddy system is bugged, drone or enemy get stuck in wall and floor
death: I think it is normal for it to be very tanky as the objective is not to have another mob people shoot and laugh at, however its despawn time is a bit too high , I ll reduce it a few seconds.

1 Like

:smile:
Then, I’ll leave here another question: “Do you consider the modifiers an improvement or a downgrade of your gaming experience? (compared to the old Mayhem 1.0 system)”

• Improvement.
  • Downgrade.

0 voters

(I’m loving this :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:)

I put improvement, but to the fact I like some in both versions.

I wish x2 projectiles was a very hard modifier.

1 Like

Sure, I might not randomly be doing half damage with pistols or whatever, instead I have to sit and mash the reroll button to not have my shotgun have increased recoil, not get enemies exploding on me or cryoing me, or not having to kill tiny flying drones before I can damage mobs.

1 Like

I’m not a huge fan of most of the modifiers, especially since some are so damn tanky on m10 (death skull and cryo orb are the worst for me). I was hoping for more wacky or random modifiers, they could have even taken some ideas from bl2 mods even. Random enemy spawns, double spawns, larger or smaller enemies, faster enemies, greater AS damage but maybe less weapon damage as a trade off. I find the current ones are much too disruptive to combat flow to be really enjoyed in any way

2 Likes

i’m doing it the same way. rerolling modifiers until i have non annoying modifiers. I’ll do it once per character and i’m done with it. Takes me 5 minutes per character i’d say.

i’d rather see no modifiers at all. Sadly, we currently have no Option to choose or turn off modifiers.

6 Likes

I too re-rolled until I get the least obtrusive ones, but I stopped playing because even that made me question: why?

Why keep playing with a “new” feature that is forced on us, and I was having much more fun with the game a few weeks prior?

3 Likes

The modifiers should only be annoying, at worst. Not mission ending.

1 Like

I only liked a few of them…they could always be better.

If people are just gonna re-roll for what they want, might as well adjust what’s wrong with some modifiers:

-Big Kick Energy: Damage is barely noticeable, but recoil is ridiculous…just not worth it
-Lootsplosion: I hardly notice this one…more useless money/eridium that we can barely use…increased legendaries would be dope.
-Floor is Lava: Lasts too long after combat…it’s extremely annoying when you trying to loot or revive a friend.
-Chared/H. Voltage/Other Immunity Nova: Lowers FPS, sometimes freezing my game outright for some reason (maybe that’s just me)
-Not The Face: Just makes enemies more beefy, which makes playing more tedious, with no positive to balance it out…everyone I know always skips this one.
-Holy Crit: Basically a 50% nerf to everything not intended for headshots or crit builds…just as harsh as the -50% gun damage of Mayhem 1.0…ESPECIALLY considering how spongey everything is from M8-M10.

All others I don’t really have a problem with, but I think it would help if people state what the problem modifiers are

2 Likes

Watching a joltzdude today i saw a mod for randomized sal where enemies actually dropped what they were shooting you with. Holy crap, i dont know how many times ive dropped to a badass zealot wishing i had that firepower. Seems like a gruppa or something, not the point. This kind of modifer whould be huge, getting hit at by a lob or a yellowcake? And then dropping said weapon? We could then farm specifically by the dude holding the gun. It would give a reason to mob and not just run to a boss for more save quit load screen action.

3 Likes

I like a few of the modifiers. Like the big head mode. There are a couple I liked but couldn’t use because of performance issues.

And I actually enjoyed playing on Mayhem a bit with 2.0, which is an improvement. Before, I mainly used it to scale up enemies.

1 Like