Stat rolls on class mods (and artifacts) can be one of the biggest RNG lotteries in the game. If you happen to get the skills you want, how likely are the stat rolls to compliment that? The number of things needed to line up can be stratospheric.
Perhaps it’s time to cut down the number of stat rolls in a similar fashion to how they just did with anointments (again, thank you Gearbox). Stat rolls would then become more rewarding and less frustrating.
With that in mind, I did a bit of research and found there are 35 manufacturer-specific stat rolls and each of these is matched with another roll which represents all guns (i.e. Hyperion weapon damage vs. standard weapon damage) so if they simply deleted these then it would be a drastic move in right direction.
I would also be happy for them to:
- Cut out the specific element resistances either altogether or make one roll representing all elements.
- Combine splash damage and splash radius into one or simply delete splash radius.
- Combine accuracy and handling (I wouldn’t be excited by either separately, but both together? I could roll with that).
- Combine grenade damage and grenade radius or, again, delete grenade radius.
- Delete grenade capacity.
What do you think? Would this improve the game for you?
- I am happy with stat rolls as they are
- I like these ideas and could get behind them
- I would alter the stat rolls in a different way (discuss below)