• Aurelia/Baroness
  • Jack/Doppelganger

0 voters

• Amara/Siren
  • Fl4k/Beastmaster
  • Moze/Gunner
  • Zane/Operative

0 voters

Simple concept based on conversation from another thread. Who do you feel like is the best overall, or just your favorite VH.

6 Likes

Gameplay-wise, I like Moze best. I don’t much enjoy playing Zane, but I’d say his personality shines brightest and he gets the best lines. Fl4k has a good balance between gameplay and dialogue, which might place Fl4k best overall.

It’s really too hard to choose one.

5 Likes

@jgartenbenz Every time I take a while off from Zane and come back, I forget just how great his call-outs and dialogue are. They are, indeed, just fantastic and a good reason to play him.

3 Likes

I love them all but Fl4k is my favorite when it comes to gameplay. buuuuut Zane’s personality is so much fun I always play every DLC with him first.

4 Likes

BL1 - Never played it…:frowning: is it good?

BL2 - No VH will ever come close to the brokenness that is Salvador; insane damage, seemingly-infinite Action skill, extremely tanky, with Overkill & Money Shot being the best skills in the game…but in case you forgot:

BLTP - Athena with stacks of Maelstrom is nutty, she’s damn-near invincible from the front with AS, strong melee options, and just a badass in general…I mean, look at this foolishness:

BL3 - Zane: Dude hits like a truck, fun personality, crazy speed builds, best class mods (Seein Dead is perfectly balanced in every way :skull_and_crossbones: ), and can use just about any weapon in the game with the right anointments…

2 Likes

Yep :slight_smile: theres just something so relaxing about playing that game, and all the VHs are fun but not as crazy as any of the others in the series

2 Likes

Interesting bit of introspection here: I immediately pegged my favorite out of all franchises except the Pre-Sequel… was really torn between basically all of those Vault Hunters. :thinking:

3 Likes

:face_with_monocle:

It is good.

7 Likes

I’d vote for all of my moon children if I could :smiling_face_with_three_hearts:

2 Likes

Not played BL1…whaaaat is this heresy? Is this a joke?
Go and play the remaster now and see where it all began. Has a charm all its own. Recommend playing as Lilith first.
In some respects I prefer it to the sequels, even BL2, which is the first Borderlands I played (a stupid, stupid amount).
I know BL1 veterans back in the day were not happy with the direction BL2 took. Playing One most recently I think I can see why: the tone and feel certainly changed quite dramatically.
Stay safe All.
X

2 Likes

Itemization, portrayal of BL1 vault hunters and a few other things (like you mentioned tone, and removal of specific features like fatalities and enemies dropping their guns). There were quite a few complaints honestly, but probably the most common one was itemization.

Anyways, I’m not going to answer the last of these polls yet. I’m just leveling my third character.

1 Like

BL1 - Lilith - Awesome and fun to play as Brick is somewhere in between.
BL2 - Maya - Same as above and OP as well with the right setup. Salvador is broken.
BLTPS - Nisha - Awesome lawbringer good with the right setup.
BL3 - Amara - Great character and good with right build. Zane is good with the responses and to play as well.

Jigga what? Yes, BL1 is friggin amazing and you have no excuse not to play the remastered version. Suggest you try Brick or Merdecai first and then move to Lilith second (because if you start with her, you will not play any other character, and Brick and Mordy are both great in their own ways).

2 Likes

Driver Amara is by far the strongest VH, but not the easiest to play.but when u love it to get freaking fast, she`s great.
FA flak is most fun to play, his dmg is just insane. If his pet get some love from gbx he could be the strongest.
Zane got high dmg output extrem high survivability, but he’s boring.
Can’t say much to moze, because ib and sucks and I don’t want to play without or at least an useful autobear.

Mention that this is my personal experience with the equipment I’ve got. And it all depends an that.

1 Like

pre seein dead zane with skill overhaul is the best character to play.

1 Like

Exactly my take as well. I tried Zane but gosh is he boring gameplay-wise. Yes, w/ a seein dead com he just works. Everything is fine, shoot, get kill skills, steamroll with barrier and sntl anoints up. But that’s it.
Anyone remembers @Derch Maya videos where he talked about gameplay loop and it being an important fun factor while playing? Seein dead Zane has almost none …

My votes:
BL1: Mordecai (2nd Lilith, then far away Roland/Brick )
BL2: Maya (big gap, then Krieg and Gaige, big gap, Zero, Axton, big gap, Salvador)
TPS: Athena (best VH ever), (TPS has the best set of VH I think)
BL3: Amara (big gap, Moze, Zane pre-SD com, FL4K)

For me Zane was fun before Seein’ Dead COM. He was my last leveled VH and CCC build was really enjoyable.

1 Like

okay there is no such thing as best, i will name from most engaging to least engaging

bl1: brick>>>>>mordy lil roland
bl2:zer0>axton/krieg>>>maya/sal>>>>>>>>>>>>gagie
BLPS: aurelia/timothy>willhelm>claps(clusterfuxxxxxxxxxxxx)>>athena (malestorm lul)>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>nisha
BL3: zane (no seein dead)>>>>>>>>>>>>fl4k>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>moze>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>amara

1 Like

Hard to choose, really. Best from which perspective - game utility, skills, character appearance/dialogue, other? If the criterion was ‘ability to make you laugh out loud while playing’ there’s only one answer - Claptrap/Fragtrap. Torgue Fiesta, Rubber Duck and, best of all, Pirate Ship still make me laugh whenever they trigger.

4 Likes

That Funzerker tho lol

1 Like