Possible Changes to Gaige's Skils

I was thinking more about specific gear you’ll be favoring or looking for, especially since I can never remember which manufacturer makes which COM. Seeing that Dahl makes the Prodigy ones, the planning seems less arduous (^_~)

I’ve been lazy about allegiance runs for Gaige and only done the obvious Hyperion and Maliwan ones, plus a semi-Jakobs version.

Anyone got a sense on how this has all affected the choices between Shock Storm, Electrical Burn, and Wires Don’t Talk?

I took my level 69 (yes, I know - working on it!) Gaige for a spin through the Forge today. I’m running a blue Technophile COM that gives +6 to IO and +5 to… something, anyway.

Pre-patch build: http://bl2skills.com/mechromancer.html#555050100051550050100551412120000000

Post-patch build: http://bl2skills.com/mechromancer.html#555050100051550054100511412120000000

The patch means IO with the COM does give emergency slagging still (MM for the main part), and EB + sapping Gwen’s Head made short work of shield flesh enemies, although obviously not so much on robots.

Thoughts? I have a leg. Catalyst and Mechromancer waiting for me once I hit 70+, BTW.

Edit: Does Make it Sparkle allow you to use DT to apply slag?

Yes, it does.

Also, Shock Storm is now a better option for Catalyst builds because DT procs it after a kill. I would still go with So5G when using Roid shields and no LBT invesment, thou.
Also, unfortunately WDT wasnt fixed. How I wanted this to happen…

Didn’t knew DT could slag enemies? I know you can imbue him with slag but I thought his melee can’t slag enemies?

I have seen it frequently, to be honest.

After @Vycksta received permission from Poka (@pokapoka ), I ported Poka’s Guide for Gaige’s skills over to the new forum. The ported Guide can be found here: [DDD] Gaige’s skills for you! . The 10/29/2015 patch will likely require some changes to the rating of some of Gaige’s skills. Since I am by no means a Gaige expert, I will rely on more experienced Gaige players to reach a general consensus as to which skills / skills should be changed. I will then make the changes accordingly. Please let me know. Thanks! :blush:

Forum ID: Poisd2Strike
GT: Poisd2Strike
Trades: http://forums.gearboxsoftware.com/t/poisd2strikes-humble-shop/367700
Gun Prefixes | Gun Parts | Max Stats
Maya OP8 | Banshee RR / NRR | Binder | Cat | Nurse | Siren | Trickster B / M

2 Likes

So, just as a follow-up: Shock Storm is now looking worth the investment. Evil Enchantress and Electrical Burn are also looking much better. I’m assuming Wires Don’t Talk isn’t going down in rating, even though the bugged part of it is still bugged? How are they all looking?

1=Terrible; 2=Sub-par; 3=Average; 4=Great; 5=Outstanding

##Shock Storm rating:

0 voters

##Electrical Burn rating:

0 voters

##Evil Enchantress rating:

0 voters

##Wires Don’t Talk rating:

0 voters

Shouldn’t the poles be for SS, IO, and DfA since those skills actually got changed? EE, EB, and WDT weren’t touched by the patch, they’re the same as before.

Hmm… Maybe I misread things, but there’s a bunch of discussion on EB having a higher chance to proc post-patch. I can definitely add IO and DfA though!

Edit: Turns out I have to add them here!

1=Terrible; 2=Sub-par; 3=Average; 4=Great; 5=Outstanding

##Interspersed Outburst rating:

0 voters

##Death From Above rating:

0 voters

I don’t see how. It’s always been 20% per DoT tick ever since she was released.

IMO, EB is worth a top rating. It makes a whole build type possible just by itself.

IO is now great, DFA is now great too

EE didn’t change, so I wouldn’t change it
Shock storm is now more potent…but still very awkward to actually use other than by chance.

I’m honestly not seeing much point in Shock Storm. I re-specced after the patch and put 5/5 into it (from 1/5 before) and while it looks pretty dramatic, the chances of it hitting another enemy seem almost nonexistent. I’m currently doing digi peak runs at OP6 with my Catalyst Gaige and have seen no benefit from it at all. Granted, the enemies are pretty spaced out in digi, but we often run through Caustic to pre-stack and even in swarms of varkids, unless one is practically on top of the one that dies with a SS proc, it doesn’t seem to do anything except make a pretty light show that obscures my vision. It seems it would be better if it were triggered on any crit rather than just on a death via crit. Is there something I’m missing with this skill that would make 5/5 worth it?

See this thread:

It’s still 20% at 5/5 just like it was. What that thread was about is if more pep boosted that percentage.

Shock storm would be worth it in a BFF/LBT build because it activates when DT kills. Since he is mostly melee, it’s great against melee does who will swarm him.

Other than that, it’s lackluster. The damage is good but the range is too small.

I am running a BFF/LBT build… but right now I’m not sure that it’s worth having removed points from SoFG to buff SS. While the enemies do converge on DT, they still don’t seem to ever be close enough to each other to really benefit from an SS proc, at least in any substantial kind of way. Having said that, maybe I’ve just been too busy doing my own thing instead of watching DT and haven’t noticed a difference where there is one.

I’ve got a couple of Gaiges I’m playing with a primarily LBT build (level 50 and 69). I’ll take both back to the same spots and try and take more careful note of SS vs. SoFG. I’m curious if there’s a difference between how SS affects results in UVHM versus TVHM. It wouldn’t surprise me if OP8 was different again, but I’m unlikely to ever go that far. There’s also going to be trade-offs between levelling/mobbing and raid bosses that should be at least mentioned in the discussion.

Ok, played with this in both TVHM (level 50) and UVHM (level 69), running Caustic Caverns for the varkid mobs. Only once did I get Shock Storm to take out a second varkid, which is when DT meleed a pod while a varkid leapt at him. The rest of the time, nada. The range is indeed to small. Even on a melee DT, he’d have to be absolutely swarmed. That just doesn’t seem to happen often enough largely, I suspect, because he’s always chasing targets down.

I know, Gaige needs converge!!!

1 Like

Black Hole solves that issue :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

2 Likes