So, let’s start off like this.
I love Battleborn.
but this is not a thread about that, but at the same time it is.
I want to see this game do well, but it’s not due to 3 main issues, IMO.
Bear with me, This is not complaining. To fix issues you first need to acknowledge they exist.
I move onto possible fixes after my 3 points.
These 3 points are the points i hear REPEATED in all my game chats.
I apologize to Devs if these seem harsh, but this is what it feels like to players.
Again, i stress these points are general opinion about why the game is hurting and I do not intend to blame.
- SEVERE lack of communication from gearbox/2k (devs in general)
not addressing balance issues fast enough
- this isn’t entirely the devs fault, you can only patch so fast, I’m just stating what is hurting the state of the game
- first ISIC, then Alani, pretty much made PvP hell and people quit, this stuff coulda been caught before release
no transparency on how the game works, scoring, drop rates, other values
(people stopped playing because of frustration of no information)
no actual plans on what to do for the future
(that are voiced to community at least)
- Game is not rewarding enough to players in the areas it matters
zero actual rewards for achieving max command rank/chara rank
(other than a one time pat on the back reward)
HORRIBLE Legendary item drop rate
(i’ve played 58 story missions in a row with zero drops now)
PvP needs to be rewarded in the right areas
example: give the winners of a surrender match more stuff
its realllllly annoying to queue for a match, only to win it in 6 minutes and barely get any rewards at ALLLLLL
surrenders penalize the winners, by a LOT (they did VERY well, so they get LESS things? i’m confused…)
- OverWatch OverShadowing
- overwatch is not battleborn but people seem to think they are the same
- this issue is clearing up now that OW players are getting bored of the OverHype.
- also, it feels like the only thing to spur action from the Devs was the sale of overwatch
(we only got a double exp event BECAUSE it was the weekend of overwatch release)
(and same goes for the Epic Pack shift codes, we’ve only gotten blues since OW release died out)
OK, now we know the issues, so let’s address them.
This one I can’t fix, but is a simple fix.
Please devs, even if you just say you know about an issue and have no idea wtf you are doing about it.
SAY THAT. Say you do not know, say you are working on it and are not ignoring it.
anything is better than this deafening silence.
Also, DO NOT MAKE STEALTH CHANGES
- announce ALL changes, don’t stealth nerf things in the background.
- announce everything, the community will thank you in the long run. Information sharing is key.
We will find out eventually
and if you don’t announce everything then people will start rumors about changes made.
Like the rumor that Gear Drop Rate was lowered. (IS THIS TRUE? I’d love to know) <— example
This forum really needs an active community manager.
If it does have one, i have not seen or heard of them
- Rewarding players for actually playing battleborn
Ok this one is key
This is what keeps people playing
This is what keeps people coming back
People need progress, they want to be rewarded for their efforts.
First and FOREMOST is Legendary Drop rate
This is abysmally low.
I have played 58 story missions in a ROW now, with zero drops.
That’s over 30 hours of game play… with nothing to show for it… just WTF
Option A: Make the drop rate increase a bit every story you run without a drop.
Option B: Make the drop rate increase a bit for every story you run in a day.
Option C: Combo of the above 2 options
Option D: Make drop rate increase based on Command Rank and/or Character Rank
This allows people who are fully Leveled to actually be REWARDED for being fully Leveled and not shafted.
Another Issue with Legendaries is RNG on top of RNG
- It is hard enough to get a legendary to even DROP, now you have to hope for max roll stats?
- Why do legendaries not have varying cost values when they have varying stats?
Option A: Take away Variable Legendary stats just like you did for Lore Legendaries
Option B: Add a way to combine copies of legendaries to get a max roll version
- i have 2 firmware updates and BOTH are crappy rolls, very frustrating
Option C: Add a way to re-roll stats on items, or just add power strength, or just put the item to max roll stats.
- option for this would be to put out a shift code every month for an item to max out stats on one item
Next up in reward issues:
Not being rewarded after you Max Rank
Once you hit Command Rank 100, you get a pat on the back with a Legendary Loot Pack… then nothing
You receive ZERO bonuses for continuing to earn Command Rank exp.
Once you hit Character Rank 15, you get a pat on the back with a color swap skin and a title… then nothing
You receive ZERO bonuses for continuing to earn Character Rank exp.
All in all? Very disheartening to feel penalized for having max rank.
you get tons of WASTED command rank from achievements and every story or pvp, just… wasted
Option A: Turn all overflow exp into coins, this could be a 1:1 ratio or even half the amount, just SOMETHING to earn
Option B: Turn all overflow exp into another achievement, such as every 1000 exp you get a free loot pack
Option C: Overflow Command Rank exp can be used to boost drop rates in missions
Option D: Any Character Overflow exp can be used to earn any taunts or skins that you are missing for that character.
I like all of these options
Lastly, PvP reward Issues
On top of the exp cap issues, there is also annoyance at the lack of rewards in PvP
No real way to earn items other than coins to buy packs, BUT the coins earned is way too low for the time invested.
Also, if your team stomps hard and earns a Surrender from the enemy team, you get slapped with LESS rewards
That’s right, you basically get PENALIZED for performing extremely well.
(another side issue is Leavers and AFKs in pvp, but that’s for another time, games always have this issue.)
Add more ways to earn items/coins in PvP like daily quotas
- Play X amount of capture, earn 500 coins
- Win 1 match, earn 100 coins
- Collect x amount of shards
- Build X amount of buildables
Add “Win by Enemy Surrender” Rewards
- Give Credit to winners equal to a full match played (coins and exp)
The OverWatch OverShadowing Issue
Don’t react to Overwatch.
Pay attention to Battleborn and support it however you can.
I hope this generates some solutions that we can work with.
I really do hope for the best for this game and GearBox.
Comment below if you have anything Constructive to add.
If it is a good point or possible solution I will add it and give you credit.