Post Winter Update Battleborn Server Issues?

Ok, so has anyone else been experiencing very annoying server related issues since the Winter Update?

Dropping from lobby after every match, people being unable / barely able to connect to hosts, TERRIBLE LOSSES (jokes)…but for real is it just me or have the servers been super sketchy since the Winter Update?

1 Like

Nope; fine on my end. I told you, buddy; it’s because of your third-world Canadian Internet connection :smirk:

2 Likes

@HandsomeCam

Booooo-urns!

1 Like

Seriously though, aside from you, i haven’t seen ANYONE get kicked from the lobby after each match, unless you are the one hosting; in which case, the REST of us get kicked. You, @Lynxwolfe and Demz are the only people i’ve ever had regular connection issues with, so i’d say it’s your Internet.

That being said, it has DEFINITELY been WAY more hinky since the winter update, whenever i play with you; so… Roughly 90% of the time, haha! I feels for ya.

2 Likes

Happens quite often on PC.

1 Like

Was playing with a group mostly in the US last night, and the host got dropped in the middle of a versus match. He managed to get back in, but we had to rejoin the lobby. I think a couple of us had time-outs on inventory and store operations. Sign-in also seemed slow. I think it may just be the number of people hitting the servers for the BB day and loot event? Be interesting to see some player stats.

2 Likes

I was summoned?

“I hear the bell for dinner!”

2 Likes

Hey, Canadians are awesome!

They make stellar whiskey.

Rumor also has it that :

They also have a secret army of moose riding cavalry who fight off the helicopter sized mosquitoes. They should be heroes to us!

The goal was not to offend. If I did, I’ll happily retract my joke.

2 Likes

Well since I messaged you about it I’ll detail some of my issues here

1. Constant kicking from lobby @viraforti can’t stay connected to me for long it seems even though this wasn’t an issue in the past

2. Red bar games even on private story or ops.
    Let that sink in for a moment, me and my wife running splitscreen ops went red bar while “using optimal data center”

I’d have said it was my internet if other games had such terrible lag for me, but battleborn is it

1 Like

What i have noticed is an uptick in what i can only describe as phantom lag. That is, high latency even though it shows i have a green bar connection. I go to see my connection status and it’s running at the same speed as it always has, and i never had this issue before, so i can’t squarely peg it as my connection just being wonky

1 Like

It’s not just me!?!?!?!?

2 Likes

Sadly, you seem to have it worse than anybody, buddy!

Despite their red bars, at least the Aussie crew can connect!

insert FeelsBadMan meme here

@Lynxwolfe

2 Likes

I can only assume that it’s a problem on the server end at this point. Could be hiccups over volume of traffic for the event weekend, could be shenanigans from idiots with too much time on their hands, … I’m guessing the red/yellow/green bar stats use some kind of moving time average calculation, so transient drops aren’t necessarily reflected in what you see.

1 Like

My ISP makes me “A Raging Hate Furnace Of Infinite POWER!”

Or…ARHFOIP…that acronym will not catch on.

2 Likes

Not true. I’ve spent many a gaming session running the gauntlet of gearbox hoop jumping that includes lobby failure initialisation, server finding failures, and disconnections pre, during, and after games. This is pre and post patch. The aussie server experience requires a special kinda lunacy to persist through the hellish conditions. I question my sanity.

3 Likes