Post your ideas for new Guardian perks

In the last Borderlands show Gearbox hinted they’re planning on introducing some new Guardian perks. I wouldn’t be surprised if they introduce one new perk per each tree that would be unlocked at 100 points of investment.

So what could these perks be? We haven’t yet had any focused around elemental or melee damage and it would also need to be a significant perk to justify the investment, one that benefits a wide range of builds in some way.

I wonder, what ideas can we come up with? Go ahead and post them below.

3 Likes

I liked this only because I’m not that creative lol but I wanted to see this post take off as I like it maybe and this is moronic but hear me out like skins a shooting headshots gives enemies big heads for a few seconds like the skin reward useless but not as some times we all play for fun given you can turn individual ones off now this might be a good tier idea plus obviously another two tiers of usefully game play ones

1 Like

Yeah, I’m surprised less people haven’t responded. Surely the community would be full of good ideas.

Your idea would be fun, although I could imagine it getting slightly annoying if it was on all the time so I’m glad they made these things toggle-able. Alternatively, they could make it a Mayhem mod which shows up from time to time.

1 Like

Yeah sorry I couldn’t get this more traffic tbh I suck at that kind of stuff lol old man in a young man’s body lol with out the toggles mind you I would choose some sort of acceptable health restore

1 Like

A free skill point you can point anywhere in any tree, except a capstone.

4 Likes

I would personally like some Kill Skill perks! You could have a potential butt-load of them as they could maybe double current stats like reload and ADS speed, handling, damage etc! Also i think it would be cool to be able to unlock new skins for guns and new heads and skins for the vault hunters! Trying to find all the heads in BL2 is one of my favourite memories of that game! it would also be a visible sign indicating how obsessed certain players are with this game :joy::joy:

1 Like

One idea: three different perks. Each one boosts the efficacy of purple quality items (shield, grenade, guns) by 10%.

3 Likes

Yes please!

Damage boost after recovering from FFYL.

Reflect bullets for 10s after killing a badass or higher enemy.

Ammo/health discounts and selling price of gear increased by X%.

Boost to Eridium earnings.

3 Likes

Got two I really like:

1. Slide is 20% faster movement.
  2. Can slam from any jump height.

(But really just giving slide and slam some love to make them worthwhile or more viable would be great!)

2 Likes

One more:

Melee attacks reduce the damage an enemy can do by x%. Stacks y times.

2 Likes

Yay more people commenting lol like I said all these ideas are better than mine lol I would add with slide speed 20% damage reduction it’s not much but it would help I feel think about that sliding into enemies and doing damage but losing you shield well shield lol add the action skill damage reduction anoint and some other stuff and boom new build

2 Likes

ASE don’t use ammo for 5 seconds

3 Likes

Killing anointed enemies give rewards as if 25% more luck.

(Or essentially, the boost is that you get major rewards/at least one legendary for killing an anointed, akin to 1/2 a boss or even a full boss as this is a perk).

2 Likes

Oooo I like this. Purples are so underrated, it’s a shame.

2 Likes

These are some fantastic ideas, guys. I could see all of them being great.

Thinking about the luck boost upon killing anointed enemies, maybe we could apply it to badasses, named and boss enemies? Some areas of the game have no anointed whatsoever so this perk would have no impact there.

1 Like

Oh how about something to regen ammo? That would be nice. I find the most difficult thing to deal with on TVHM mayhem 4 is keeping up your ammo, especially if you build centers around a single weapon.

2 Likes

May I ask who you Main and what type of weapons you prefer to use?

Amara. I know Moze can regen ammo and stuff, and there are ways to do it for Amara. I’m not saying it’s a HUGE problem, just really the biggest problem I face. My primary weapon is Recursion, which isn’t so bad on ammo consumption, but when I also use a Conf Call I can run out of shotgun ammo pretty quick if it’s something like proving grounds. Most of the time I just end up running back to the start to refresh my ammo quickly, but it would be nice to regen ammo somehow without needing specific pieces of gear to do it.

1 Like

ah yes, the recursion does gobble up ammo! It took me forever to make an Amara build that i actually enjoyed. I eventually landed on a facepuncher/brawler build, and i have to say that i mostly find that i use my ammo sparingly (i mix between shooting and melee) i totally get that some guns/builds shred through there ammo in what seems like seconds!