Post your user created weapons (PC editor ONLY)

(The Gun Smith himself! :D) #61

When does it do so? Randomly or when you try to load a big package or what?

(Angry Crux Azure Unit) #62

Been wondering but is it possible to make a custom material for a shield that'll change how it looks? I've browsed through the files and can't seem to find a way to do so although admittedly I haven't been messing around with custom shields too long and unfortunately I can't actually tell if any of the shield @Mr_GJ made are using custom textures.

(The Gun Smith himself! :D) #63

Two words: Torgue Hardass

(Angry Crux Azure Unit) #64

So you did give it a custom skin? Last I checked you only said it might receive a custom skin so didn't really look at it too hard.
Mind sharing how you were able to do it?

(The Gun Smith himself! :D) #65

It has a custom skin, if you meant "animated skin" then no, it doesn't have that. It just has a custom skin.

(Angry Crux Azure Unit) #66

Yeah, custom but not animated and not even all that elaborate; It'd be changing the colors of the body and stuff from what the manufacturer normally is to what I have in mind.
Edit: Wait... why is there an Anshin texture in the weap_material_master package? Last I checked shields weren't weapons lol. I'm guessing I mod that texture right?

(The Gun Smith himself! :D) #67

No, just use a separate material. What are you doing exactly? The Hardass prob's will get an animated texture, only if I feel like doin' it. XD

(Angry Crux Azure Unit) #68

Just trying to figure out how to give shields a custom paint job. I more or less understand how to mod weapons (at least for what I want to do, no spawning carrots or enemies instead of bullets) and have since moved to shields which are being a pain in the ass for no apparent reason :rage:

(The Gun Smith himself! :D) #69

Ah I see, I think I know what you are struggling on. You're trying to add a weapon material to a shield. That doesn't work.
Here check this out:
https://gyazo.com/50e26f4b55c292dd1115bbbf17974e5f
https://gyazo.com/d8a4dc0f2c49d58343b530d7d0fcb55a
https://gyazo.com/a5ce76f1147ac5ea23ca12f097ddb1a9
And then:

(Angry Crux Azure Unit) #70

What the hell, those textures weren't there last time I checked lol
I've noticed that sometimes even though I fully load and whatever, it doesn't always appear so I need to select the package more than once so I'm guessing something similar happened (since I managed to wander over to shield pickups I think to pick out a shield part to clone and make into it my own little creation).
Might be a side effect of using the UDK w/a steam copy of the game?

(The Gun Smith himself! :D) #71

Nah that's just UDK... But did that solve the issue?

(Angry Crux Azure Unit) #72

For now but I'm probably overlooking/forgetting something that's needed and might find another traffic jam down the road.

(Im Special) #73

Are we going to see some of your work soon @P_Anarchist?

(Angry Crux Azure Unit) #74

Maybe, maybe not. Right now only have a few things (like... 4 items?) that have anything remotely ready to be spawned but haven't spawned them (or balanced!) yet. When it's ready though (more than just the 4 that are pseudo ready) I'll release my creations into the wild.

Might take a while given that my job has weird/long hours but who knows? (Was supposed to work from 2 to around 9pm today but no one was needed, love having an on-call job for a market research company -not-. Pay rate is US. Oregon minimum wage so 9.25 US dollars an hour but to make enough for rent etc. I need to work practically 30 hours so that means 5 or so days a week in case crap happens like today and my expected hours worked are lower than I need.)

Oh yeah, making a spawning item is being a mild pain but mostly me wondering how the skill knows which list to use to spawn stuff from; I've looked at SleepMaster's BanditShield but it's still a bit confusing so I decided to focus on the stuff I already have and put on hold the spawning half.

(Angry Crux Azure Unit) #75

Here's a screenshot (with some Easter eggs/teasers that have been purposefully partially hidden so you don't know which item does what)

(Im Special) #76

Damn you @P_Anarchist, got really excited because of this x). Looks interesting to say the least :slight_smile:

(Angry Crux Azure Unit) #77

@Mr_GJ Going back and making sure my spawner skill will work properly cause I'm paranoid about it I noticed a small discrepancy between it and Mordy's; in the object slot Mordy's uses a LootConfigurationDefinition while mine currently has an ItemPoolDefinition. My question is will that work or do I need to rejigger the quantum flux capacitor's storage tank?

Edity: oh and sorry for possibly getting your hopes up again Marcusf :pensive:

(The Gun Smith himself! :D) #78

Both should work for a spawnsystem. My preference goes out to the ItemPoolDef.

(Angry Crux Azure Unit) #79

Sweet, means more time tinkering and building toys of death and destruction :smiling_imp:

(The Gun Smith himself! :D) #80

https://gyazo.com/22b91f6a0988f25e1d463ae47a24a0b7