Potential Mod Tools

I feel like during the “directors cut” add-on, they should release mod tools. And i don’t mean some binary edits. I mean some black ops 3/ fallout 4 mod tools. Giving the player community the ability to create our own maps, weapons, game modes, characters, skins, heads, body meshes, etc. Would not only increase the player base, but increase the replayability of the game as a whole. Just a thought. I would love to hear everyone’s opinion though :)).

Although, I know that it’ll take some code editing, and some work on the part of gearbox themselves. But i think that including some new ways to enjoy the end game of Borderlands 3, and other community members content, would increase the amount of people who continuously play borderlands as a whole.

Just a thought.

1 Like

i understand that binary mods are not really a thing for majority of players because it feels so “unofficial”
but i just want to fix what they have screwed with mayhem 2.0 xD

1 Like

I feel that. I just wish we could make our own things, i feel like it could grow the game and the community. Believe me, I’ve used plenty of binary edits on bl2 haha. Just want something more than binary edits for this game.

yea, i definitely would love to do that as well
on the other hand
people would create inbalanced AF weapons and shields and it will turn into that state of a game where you just…sandbox around with your imba stuff and then after a week toss the game into the shelf

True. But having something like fallout 4 and black ops 3 mod tools, you get to pick and choose what you download, what you add to the game. And it can run similarly to black ops 3, where when you lauch a “mod” it takes you offline so you can only play with people who have the same mod installed. I think if they did it right, it could turn into something of long term use. You’ll always have your OP weapons, but like with Borderlands 2’s binary edits, you can also create whole weapon collections of non overpowered, or overpowered weapons as a whole. I want them to potentially even expand upon that, allow us to make maps, bosses, new heads, body meshs. Everything in between. Could be a “wow factor” that brings old and keeps new players in.

You think they would?

I already have that feeling atm with the official changes :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye::joy:

2 Likes

Not sure i know what you’re asking. But, i think they would be used and enjoyed long term. Black ops 3’s method seems to work perfectly. And I reference it a lot specifically because of that. And do i think gearbox would make it properly? Yes, I do. They have the time NOW to do so, and even in the future.

yea, kinda^^

1 Like

I feel that. Now adding extra content created by us(the community) would only greater the feeling of wanting to come back and play day after day.

1 Like

I think they won’t. They should address first the existing issues. If they can address most of it, then I’ll gladly correct myself.

Oh no of course there are issues which require fixing in the current moment. This is more of a personal thing. I would love to see, added with directors cut, “mod tools”. I love the idea of it is all.

1 Like

It’s a shame… I replayed BL2 with dlc over and over and over and… And Slaughtershaft when I wanted to change it up… Not to start about farming runs haha (took me ages before I started to farm legendary weapons in 2)

BL3 I finished the story twice, rushed through with the other 2… And now I’m just playing slaughtershaft or maliwan takedown just to have a bit of a chalange (OK only chalange I have it keeping my action skills active start to finish with Zane hahaha)

New skilltrees won’t ever make the game less boring… It’s still boring with an other build :joy:

I have no idea how and if they could ever turn that around with this game (there’s just so much wrong)

Well look no further than some of the newest build vids, with Designer’s Cut you can onehit most things anyway, so that wouldn’t even really change anything.

2 Likes

I remember playing torchlight 2 and finishing it… Then slapped on some mods and enjoyed the game in a whole new way :grin:

Mods could potentially fix all the broken and missing crap in this game though :wink:

But I can’t shake the feeling that it’s little to late to save this ship

1 Like

Definitely could potentially fix a lot. And continue the player base growing. People making their own fear and otherwise, could change everything for the franchise as a whole. And they can do a “bethesda.com” thing to even bring mods to console. I don’t know the limitations of the engine its run on, but im sure its possible.

1 Like

I don’t want invincibility and cheats though. I realize the one hit builds do generally take skill to use. But im still left wanting more even after using the builds themselves.

1 Like

Good points. But having a fan and player base who could and would build new level, new areas, weapons, etc. Would improve the replayability of the game as a whole. For example: A “mod” where you start the game as someone else, with voice lines and body meshes created by the community. Along the way you have downloaded mods that change quests, characters, areas, levels and loot. This gives you tonsssss of options to replay with. Or to tweak to your liking. It could change everything.

1 Like

Not to mention that people like Joltzdude, Killer six, Moxsy, Dpj and the like, would completely cover most of this stuff. Putting it further out there.

1 Like