Presenting the HW2 Audio Mod for Homeworld Remastered

Hello everyone. I know there are quite a few people on the forum who have not been happy with the default audio in Homeworld Remastered. Neither was I, so I decided to port over the HW2 audio, and adjusted the .lua files for the increased zoom/range in Homeworld Remastered. It’s my first mod for Homeworld, so I just wanted to get the word out to those people who had issues with the audio.

You can find it here: http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=414917635

Let me know what you think, even if you think the mod is a silly waste of time. :slight_smile:

Well, can’t say that’s a mod I expected to see. Are there any weapon sounds that stand out as less to your liking in RM compared to the HW2 originals?

The RM audio is literally broken - unused sounds, wrong sounds used, distance variance is busted (maxed out if I recall). HW2’s audio isn’t.
Great mod to use until that’s fixed.

See @rookie1300’s post. It isn’t that the Remastered audio is bad, it’s that the correct audio files are not being used.

And, as was also mentioned, the equalizer settings in the audio .lua files are set to incorrect values.