Prices animation is a nuisance - also need sort by price option

I wish GB would do away with the slot-machine type scrolling animation on prices. The novelty wears off after like 5 minutes and after that it’s just a nuisance. I can’t just quickly go through items anymore to see the prices…I have to pause between each one and wait on the animation to reveal the price.

Am I the only one who is annoyed by this?

[edit] While I didn’t mention it in the original post, several others have mentioned the need for a sort by price option, and I wholeheartedly agree. So I tweaked the thread title accordingly. As a matter of fact, if I had to choose between getting rid of the animation and having a sort by price option, I would choose the latter.

28 Likes

I totally agree. It makes figuring out which items to sell/toss take much longer than is necessary.

1 Like

They could keep the animation if they just added a sort function to sort by price. Would require less time staring at the numbers shifting around, and just know what you are looking at is more than the things below or less than the things above it.

7 Likes

It was one of the first things I noticed and also earlier suggesting they get rid of or add a toggle to turn it off. Inventory management is laggy and buggy as is. Adding this as a “feature” is just making it worse.

2 Likes

I am so annoyed there isn’t a function to sort by price.

4 Likes

No you are NOT

2 Likes

I like it. Still, need an option to turn it off because I like options too.

1 Like

Me too. In all previous iterations of BL, sorting by value was my default. Hopefully it’s an oversight that can easily be remedied

1 Like

Haven’t noticed it. Maybe if I chugged energy drinks until my eyes were vibrating it would be more apparent…

Then again, it’s possible that this thread will have me looking for it now. I need an option to forget I’ve read it!

1 Like

Seconded. It looks cool at first, but becomes a real hindrance when trying to find the least valuable items to ditch from your backpack when you need to make room. Either get rid of the animation, or give us a sort-by-price option. Or both.

3 Likes

+1

I don’t even see the point of this ‘feature’. Its supposed to look like a slot machine? I don’t wanna gamble with my sanity. The price always settles on the same number so why actively make things difficult.

It’s almost seems like Gearbox tried to implement several anti-QOL features this time around.

Borderlands 3 players: Why break things that don’t need fixin?!

Gearbox: Troll mode engaged.

2 Likes

Also, add a sort by price option into the inventory and make it on by default.

1 Like

Yeah it’s almost like they felt like they had to balance the QoL improvements from BL2 with new inconveniences. I love some of the QoL features like auto-pickup of ammo/money, auto-refill ammo, fast travel from anywhere, etc…but lament:

• Can’t sort items in backpack by price
  • Annoying price slot machine animation
  • No clearly defined sections/headings when sorting by weapon type
  • Huge maps like Athenas and Skywell 27 have only one fast travel / vending station and no vehicles
  • Can’t change options in “Manage Loadout” area, can only unequip
1 Like

There have definitely been a bunch of QoL features implemented this time around, like the single-button buy all ammo option, pressing left-right on the dpad to switch quests, etc. But the slot machine-like prices was definitely not a QoL feature, it’s gimmicky nonsense. Just like the throbbing pictures of guns when hovering over them. Super gimmicky and slows down the game HORRIBLY, making rendering take ages.

1 Like

Count me in as totally annoyed by the scrolling price AND the lack of sort by price.

1 Like

I agree with all the sentiments expressed here but particularly this one. The “Weapon” type sort option was the one I used most throughout the previous BL games. I like to make sure I have at least one good gun of each type and to quickly be able to identify the best.

Now, I love all the new weapon designs but it does make the weapon types less distinguishable. Not having named sub-categories or, even, some hard delineator makes this much tougher,

1 Like

I think I wouldn’t be bothered by that animation if it didn’t run so slow. It really does feel like slot machine reels because they start fast then slow down gradually until they stop.

3 Likes

Add my vote to this being one of the most annoying features in the game, stupid rolling values. Just turn it off for cryin’ out loud. Give me the data without all of the stupid and useless aesthetics. And if I can’t sort by value in the near future, I will most likely not play through a second character, let alone 3rd, 4th, or more, as I did with BL2. Yes, it is THAT annoying.

1 Like

Yep I agree too. It slows the pace of the game. We just wanna see the price and do what we wanna do with the item, not wait for it to flick round and round.
Also, as others have said, I’d like a sort by price option as well. All in all though, I don’t have a good many gripes. :slight_smile:

1 Like

PLEASE add an option to turn this off. It is so worthless and makes item sorting take 5 times as long as it should.