Private Mode - Character Trial

I’m new to the forums (today) so I’m not sure if this has already been suggested.

Does anyone else wish there was a 2-3 minute “open play” private trial mode where you can try out a character’s moves against minions for a few minutes? I’ve been in the market for a new main but don’t want to commit to a full 20-40 minute PvE per character to make my choice. I really just want to be able to experience the character’s view, movement, and ability execution really quickly before I jump into a full match or mission with him/her.

You could just leave a private PVP match after you were satisfied.

or just go into a private PVP and quit when you think youve got it btw surrendering in private will let you keep your xp you get i dont think just quitting lets you do that i might be wrong but i know surrendering still gets you the xp

Ah never thought of that! Thank you!

Actually I guess what I was really asking for was a trial mode where the full helix and ultimate are unlocked so you can try out the ultimate without putting in the work to unlock it, but that’s just laziness on my part :slight_smile:

2 Likes

The game needs some kind of Training mode, where you can try any hero with all their helixes unlocked, so you can experience how they play before committing time and effort to unlocking and leveling them. Or, just to see how they play so you can counter them more effectively.

4 Likes

Good idea. I’m surprised it hasn’t been mentioned before. I often take an unfamiliar character through a private bot match to get a rough idea of what each skill does. Being able to add/remove skill points at will would be nice. Thinking about it, it would be nice to have a training dummy AI that can be configured. It’s pretty common in fighting games but it could be useful here in the long run. I tried the Multiloader skill for Benedict in an online game and I wished I’d given it a go in a practice match beforehand. :stuck_out_tongue:

1 Like

Oh, test mode a la Heroes of the Storm. Yeah that’d be nice. But no, you gots to go through it manually. Which is better, in a way, as you get to experience the scaling.

It’s been mentioned a few times along with tutorials and actually knowing how many stacks you have. This game is not very straightforward, is it?