Private Server Timeout

Hey, everyone, I’m new to the forums and I could not find a recent topic that could help me with my issue. So, for the past few days since before the patch, I started to play BattleBorn again for the first time in a few months. I wanted to replay through the story starting with the Prologue. Now, I am not a very social person so I tend to play solo as often as I can. I tried to start the Prologue on a private server but for some reason, the game keeps timing out while trying to start the story. I also tried to play the operations private and same result. At first, I thought maybe it was an error with my internet so I tried again after resetting my router. Same issue. I then checked my connection settings on my Xbox One. Everything seemed fine, no errors or warnings while testing my connection and NAT type is open. I tried again after clearing my systems cache. Same issue. I then tried a few other games, Destiny, Destiny 2(Yes I know, most people think these games are crap but I enjoy them), Overwatch, and DOOM. All of these game were able to connect to their servers and put me in multiplayer games with no issue. So, my main question is, are the servers for private games dead in BattleBorn and I didn’t see it or is it some kind of weird thing that’s only affecting me for some odd reason? And for reference, I was using the “optimal” setting for the data center at first, and then switched it to US East 1 since I live on the East Coast. Sorry for the lengthy post, I just wanted to give as much info as possible.(Although I know it may not be enough for some.

2 Likes

I don’t think it’s just you, when I logged in to try the update even jumping into the dojo almost timed out on me every single time

1 Like

Happening on PC also, for hours now haven’t been able to start OPs.

2 Likes

Had the same problem last night. Private Story Ops - no connection after multiple attempts and failures. Switch to public Bots Battle - no problems, no drops, no stutters. It looks like the update gone done borked something.

2 Likes

Not sure if this actually fixed it or Gearbox fixed it but, I uninstalled the game and reinstalled the game and tried to start up the Prologue in private again. Within about 5 seconds it connected to the server and is at this moment playing the intro. Hopefully, it stays like this. I’ll update if I run into the issue again.

Also working here tonight, so who knows. Hopefully, it doesn’t do that again!

1 Like