Proving Grounds Queue times?

Um, I am new to the game, however, I would assume that there would be plenty of people wanting to play the Proving Grounds multiplayer mode. It typically takes me like 15 minutes or longer to find a group. Is this typical?

Is that a PvP mode?

There is no PvP mode…

And from what I understand proving ground doesn’t really get run because the action/rewards are quite sub part to circle of slaughter

Edit - ie long queue times are a result of no one trying to queue up

It gives me crazy money, so I can upgrade stuff on the main ship. Thats why I want to run it over and over.

i wait 12mins and nothing

It’s almost instant in tvhm mayhem 3 but i doubt a lot of people are doing proving grounds any lower than that so you probably have to wait a long time.

It’s because the Proving Grounds are something you discover after beating the story, so if you haven’t discovered them yet you have to be paired with someone who has. Your search takes forever because you’re in a large pool of low-level players trying to match up with a small pool of players who have discovered the Proving Grounds.

It’s honestly just better the finish the story and discover them yourself. Once you have them discovered you find games almost instantly.

2 Likes

Hm…so if its something you discover after you finish the game, then why do you have access to it at level 1?

I have made about 800k in proving grounds so far, compared to probably 5k in the story by opening all of the little chests that give you $10 here and $20 there. Because of the loads of cash in the Proving Grounds, I have been able to unlock everything in the purchasable upgrade section to the 50k level or so, which gives me like 1000 rounds for my main weapon, instead of having 125 at the start of the game. Those upgrades, plus some golden keys, makes the game way more enjoyable for me, but if I shouldnt be running the Proving Grounds, then the option shouldnt be available until I finish the game the first time.

Quick question…

I just ran a Proving Grounds, and the enemies dropped yellow money when they died. I earned about 3 million credits for the run! What made that happen, and how do I replicate it?

Technically you do not have access to proving grounds at level 1…you are just joining someone else’s game that does. The great thing about Borderlands is that it does not lock players out of content they haven’t unlocked yet if they are in another person’s lobby, so you can literally skip the entire story and power boost to level 50 if you want to.

The money thing was probably caused by playing on mayhem mode (where money drops are increased), and someone was using a money grenade. I have a homing money grenade and a relic that increases money drops by 119%, and if I use both while playing Proving Grounds on mayhem 3 I can get 30+ million in one game.

Thanks so much for the info. I am like lvl 22 at this point, and have unlocked most things at the ammo guy to either 250k, or 800k, lol. I am sure thats sufficient for now.

It’s because the Proving Grounds are something you discover after beating the story, so if you haven’t discovered them yet you have to be paired with someone who has. Your search takes forever because you’re in a large pool of low-level players trying to match up with a small pool of players who have discovered the Proving Grounds.

Wow! I had no idea this was how it worked!
I had been dealing with extremely long queue times. After reading this, I went out and discovered the proving grounds in my single-player game. Now PG queues fill up instantly, and I’m always the host! There must be a massive disparity between people who are able to host, and people who cannot.

It’s probably related to the fact that more folks want to play 4 characters this time around - but the story and being unable to skip the cutscenes deter them from unlocking it on all the characters they want to take to endgame content.

Going afk while joining someone else’s session seems more sane to me at least

I’ve never had an issue with AFK joiners.
AFK hosts are all too common though…

Also, the game has only been out for a few weeks at this point. I am sure in a few months, there will be many more players who have completed the game, and can host those Proving Grounds sessions for those who havent finished the game yet (like myself, lol).

Aight, finished the story, hit lvl 50, and have a bonus money grenade. I have been doing Mahem 1-3 runs, and am up to 29 million. Sweet!