PS3 BUG? Getting stuck in the Leviathan. (Please Help!)

Hello everybody, my name is Dan.

I bought Borderlands 2 for the PlayStation 3 about 1 or 2 years ago and I haven’t played it much since. Recently, I’ve been really getting back into the game and decided to buy the season pass. (I had already beaten the main game prior to buying the season pass) I started with the Campaign of Carnage DLC, then I decided to play the Captain Scarlett and Her Pirate’s Booty DLC. I played through the whole DLC, Beating all of the Story-Quests and Side-Quests, and generally having a pretty good time. The time had come where I had done the Treasure of The Sands mission twice, and only had one Side-Quest left, which was the Freedom of Speech Side-Quest.

I began heading to Magny’s Lighthouse, where I had to kill DJ Tannis to complete the Side-Quest. Please keep in mind that I had already beaten the Treasure of The Sands mission twice. (Meaning that I couldn’t do it again) On my way there, I realized that Magny’s Lighthouse was still shining down on the spot where the Leviathan would devour you. I originally thought that since I had already beat the Treasure of The Sands mission twice, the Leviathan shouldn’t devour me if I went over the light coming from Magny’s Lighthouse. So I continued my game and passed over the patch of light with my Sandskiff, and something happened.

The Leviathan devoured me. I spawned inside then quickly thought to myself that I could just go through him, kill Roscoe (If he was still there) and kill the Leviathan, then leave. So I entered the leviathans lair, (Since there was no way to leave from where I was,) And jumped down into what I think is his stomach. Roscoe wasn’t there. This seemed a little strange to me, but I soon realized that he wasn’t there because he probably doesn’t spawn again after you have completed the Treasure of The Sands twice. So, I headed towards the other side to be thrown out and fight the Leviathan. Nothing happened. I was very confused and jumped around, shot some bullets from my gun, and came to the conclusion that I was stuck. (Please note that I am stuck inside the Leviathan, not outside where the fight takes place)

I have not tried anything other that the things I’ve said above.

• Do any of you know if this is a game breaking glitch or not?

• Is there any way to fix this?

• Is this common?

I would appreciate it if anyone could shed some light on this.
Please respond ASAP as I very much crave to play the game again.

Thanks for reading and hopefully responding,
-Dan

Do you still have the 2nd Treasure of the sands quest in your quest log, completed but not turned in? That’s the only thing I can think of. If you had it in your log then Roscoe would not spawn as the quest would have him dead but you should be able to get to the leviathan arena by approaching the “door” in that case too.

Unfortunately, I had already turned in the second Treasure of The Sands Quest. Any other ideas? Thanks for replying.

Usually if you run to the area where he spits you out again, he will do so even if dead and he will die immediately afterwards preventing you from getting the treasure room. You can then exit to Oasis through the path around him.

I assume you’ve on UVHM? Load up TVHM and hit up the fast travel then travel anywhere, just go to Sanctuary to be safe, then save-quit and reload your character on UVHM, you should now be at Sanctuary.

1 Like

Oh yeah, that’s a thing. Also if you are still on normal difficulty switch to TVHM and play a bit. You should have the same effect on your NVHM character of switching their position to where ever you quit out of TVHM.

I’m still on NVHN. I started my Axton playthrough about 3 weeks ago. I’m level 37. I was planning to play through the DLC first, then switch to TVHM.

Hmm, sounds like a good idea. Thanks for everything guys. I’ll try this ASAP and hopefully Ill get some results.